Picked up a Radius rangefinder.....anybody have any experience with one?

varminter .223

On sale at Brownells so I had to have one to go on my night hunting rig. I guess I am gonna need to pull the hogue free float and get something with a rail to mount it on. Seems at night it is always a struggle to judge yardage once they are so far out. Anyone have any experience with one?

Last edited:
I have one and love it. I ranged a tree at over 1500 yards. I think you will like it. If you look up military arms channel on youtube he does a nice review of the unit.

Mine came Saturday...................

Looking forward to sighting it with my new Thermal Scope!

The visible laser is super bright and it is definitely a quality unit.

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445just drill your hogue and mount a key mod rail... the you get to keep the clean look and have a small rail
I think the hogue 15704 will thread right on.

I got one too. Silencer Co was out of stock so I ordered one from Brownells as well. Half off?? You bet!! Gonna have to try and figure out how to mount one on the side of rifle [beeep]. I'm thinking a rail on the underneath side so I can run a QD bipod then 2 offset 45 degree mounts? I dont have a thermal yet but I'm thinking the Radius and a FFP scope should be money. Let me know if you guys get it figured out!! This has probably been the only time that I've wanted to run an AR as my coyote rifle. I hope I haven't fallen down another rabbit hole and am going to spend a pile of more money hahaha the addiction is a disease my friends!!

Big fan of the Radius...

SWR%20Radius_zpsqtfagt43.jpg

SWR%20Radius%202_zpsqbmcuta6.jpg

How well does it hold zero for you Tom? I'm more than likely going to be taking it off and on quite a bit. Also have read some reviews claiming the mounting is a little loose/ sloppy. Any truth in that? Any tips you have regarding setup?

I just set one up yesterday with a new thermal. Setup and zero were quick and easy. I ranged power poles behind the house to 1000+ without any issue and a deer at 716. Tonite will be the maiden voyage on coyote ground.

Ordered one from brownell's today..
We do alot of deer depredations and it will be nice not to guess at how far the deer are in the big soybean fields.
And night hunting coyotes should be alot easier too.

Now that you've had it a while is it still worth the purchase? How does it work in the field, does it get in the way? Your insight is appreciated

Wabbit...for me, it was one of the best bang for your buck $500 bills I ever spent. It's quick, easy to use, doesn't get in the way and made me realize how bad I was at ranging distances in the dark even on properties I was already familiar with.

Yes.
Its dimmer range works great for those completely black nights to high noon on a cloudless day.
Have no complaints at all with the unit.

About mid way thru the brightness range and its still visible in the sun.

about 1/4 dim on a very dark night

Last edited:
Back