TeNder CluB FoOt

Wile E Coyotie

I got out of Nanuk to find my phone with messages on it from a Rancher and GOV agent – requesting my help-
Timing was perfect except for the extra sore ribs –I was mending –
the older u get the harder it gets to get over old injuries –and cracked ribs and I have a few tales-
I called the ranch and had a talked with the boss there - -she explain and suggested to head on in and see if I could put a halt to it –
I took the time to tell her – I am not the resolve to the problem –The coyotes will always b around your 3000 cows when they calf- especially because of the terrain and location - her and her son’s - agreed there seeing a lot more yodies then normal and – with all the calves coming –hoping I could put some time in and – stir things up-

Awesome country – I love my job –
!st set – 8:00 am – #1028 -male sable white sable- 3mins PD –

next sets –I love gravel pits\piles- from the gravel pit upper right
#1029 adult male 27 mins PD on the gallop @ 145 yards - he would not quit trotting and was about to pick up my stink - - note - double tapp-

#1030 Adult Female –dry- Sable white sable straw 4 mins PD– The next Generation - Taking the time to show new folk a few tricks = time well invested –

The pic above says it all—there are possibly 10’s of thousands of calf’s dropping this month in our area - -opportunist –ravenous –sly murderers-cunning –elusive- whatever word u want to use to describe coyotie –b sure –to never describe him as predictable- or complacent- -
When I first seen this calf it was alive – or moments out of the womb – practically-its feet still in its mother - -she content to stand there – and try and paw at the coyote in front of her on the ground- while his brethren x 2– A & B tugged at what was the front half on the calf- now expired –

I am 700 yards down wind – and as some of the pics suggest its wide open –bald azz prairie nothing taller than a cow turd- I needed to follow the land contours and walked a deep coulee and got into 170 yards—took me 12 mins - - by then they had the calf reduced down to nearly nothing and 2 of them had bedded to lick down there pride and joy hairy crown –

With the big eye on 10x – I picked out the fattest – after I seen her pee- and position-
- at the shot – her mid section exploded looking like a spray of crimson and sparkles- but with good legs she got all the way into the bottom –#1031 -no recovery

I stayed put cuz A & B – are sure to b back – and it doesn’t take long 25 mins-before – I have one coming in- I watch it on 10x – and it picks over a few pieces before grabbing the head and tugging a while – then it starts to leave with the head ---I cannot have that so -@185yrds -#1032 sub adult male – sable white straw sable-This old cow was very worked up and I was more than uncomfortable – as she rodeo’ed all around -

I am working 3 different ranches right now – one had some real meat eaters on it –
The Ranchers son shot 2 the day before I arrived – and I shot 3 – only one of which I called – the other 2 FTR

Here #1033 adult male white sable white straw- 12mins PD- double tapp-
he came with a cactus thorn in his foot – stopping 3 times to bite at it and try to remove walking on it TeNder CluB FoOt
The mice ate up my Honda Forman -500 – have to order new wiring harness-to get it going –after dragging it off the prairie dead-to get it home and then evict them and the house full—UUUGGHH lesson learned

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WILE E,nice pics and great shooting.

Do you shoot a 220 swift in a mdt chassis. What do you think of their system? worth the money. I've been toying with the idea of putting my savage 243 in an lss.

Great pics & story, Wile E, thanks for sharing. Would love to hunt some of that open country for a change!

Regards,
hm

Yep, amazing country for sure. Certainly is different from my neck of the woods.

Great hunt and photos too. Nice job.

Back