Oly arms WSSM parts

triumph001

What used to be unobtanium to everyone except for a few builders seems to be on the market. I have never seen these parts in the wild until yesterday so I ordered a couple barrel extensions, a stripped upper and a bolt. Figured what the heck, they arent cheap like many other ar parts are currently but they are fairly priced for what they are.

Got a confirmation email of my order with a paragraph long disclaimer that basically says they will ship it eventually, if they actually have the parts on hand.
smile.gif

I will report back if/when I actually get them. I knew the Oly Arms situation and risks when I placed the order so please don't tell me about how bad my decision making is, just wanted to pass the info on so any others who were interested had it.

http://www.olyarms.com/shop/diy-worskshop/wssm-parts.html

The big thing if you get them will be getting the upper tunnel opened up as the extensions are about 1.050 IIRC. Ah, I missed the stripped upper. This will be interesting.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crittr gittrI ordered 2 mags for my UMAR about 6 weeks ago and all went smooth as can be.

Comparing my 25 WSSM mags and a 450 Bushy magazine and reading reports over the net I'm sticking with the Bushy set up. Followers are cheap and ASC sure looks good plus you get to load longer. No seating factory ammo deeper.

Greg

22 250 and wssm in a UMAR lower use the same dimension mags. A wssm in a non UMAR lower/mag are probably the same as a standard mag at 2.26 to 2.3in.

The extended length mags are what made the UMAR the UMAR.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredator22 250 and wssm in a UMAR lower use the same dimension mags. A wssm in a non UMAR lower/mag are probably the same as a standard mag at 2.26 to 2.3in.

The extended length mags are what made the UMAR the UMAR.

I was hoping the UMAR would move on to another company but it would have been nice to make those lowers more available as it would make a great wildcat platgotm. That was the odd thing in that factory ammunition had to be seated deeper for the magazines at the time.

The K8 is one power house. I hope it gets resurrected if Winchester can crank out some viable brass supplies. I just saw six boxes of 30AR yesterday. It was tempting.

Greg

Last edited:
I have heard rumors that oly might not be as dead as we were led to believe. I have no way to confirm a?d don't even remember where I saw it but they still post to their facebook page every couple weeks. They were supposed to be all closed up by march 1.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorI have heard rumors that oly might not be as dead as we were led to believe. I have no way to confirm a?d don't even remember where I saw it but they still post to their facebook page every couple weeks. They were supposed to be all closed up by march 1.

I've heard that too. They made some great pistol conversions that would be great if someone would bring them out. I missed the 30 Carbine that would have been a hoot.

Greg

Back