130gr TTSX in 30-06

xtrempredhntr

I was wondering if anyone had any reloading data on the 130 gr TTSX for the 30-06? I have done a search and only found one load, was wondering if anyone has any other data. I have a few different powders such as H4350, reloader 15, reloader 22...if anyone has any reload data with these powders it would be great, but other powders would be great to know also. Thanks for any help you could give me.

try R12 48.0 start to 52.0 max 2600-2840fps, AA 2460 w mag primer 47.0 @ 2750 to a max 51.2 @3000, or my old yote load IMR 3031 52.0 @2900 You might also try looking in a real manual.Asking for load data on the net, is sort of like asking is this loaded?

LOL...I realize that, but I have not been able to find any reload data for that bullet...not without haveing to purchase the barnes manual. The closest I have been able to find is 130 Gr flat base soft points...didn't know if the TTSX bullets would generate any more pressure or if it would be the same...I would of course work my way up looking for signs of pressure...also just wondering if any one had done any loads with this bullet.

I havn't used the TSX in .30 cal, but have in .270's. According to Barnes, they can be loaded up toward max. with less pressure than "regular" bullets, but I found that not to be the case in my rifles! Work them up.........
My old pre '64 M70 in 30-06 liked(and still does) IMR 3031 with bullets up to 150 grains. They always shot so well, that I never bothered to try to work up any "better" loads with different powders. Around 51.0 grains should be a safe start with the 130 gr TSX.
F1

I run the max w748 listed barnes load in my t3 with that bullet it runs about 3200 and some change, it gives me 300 mag like trajectory at that speed. it runs about 3/4 moa in the gun one of the lesser accurate combos I have tried however plenty accurate for any animal that I need to shoot a tsx at.

Originally Posted By: vtsSteve Garrett
Have you tried 130gr Barnes on any game?
I'm considering them for wolf.

I shoot them in both a 308 Win load, and a 300 WSM load.

I have taken several northern whitetail deer with the 308 Win, and 130 gr. Barnes TTSX. Bullet performance has been impressive. Big exit holes, massive damage between entrance and exit, especially if bone was hit going in. Just a vitals shot showed a .30 cal entrance hole, blood pudding where the heart and lungs were, and about a 2" exit hole where lung parts, and rib bone chunks exited.

I have taken two WY antelope with the 300 WSM shooting the 130 gr. Barnes TTSX load. One was a high shoulder shot, and DRT got new meaning. I was shooting into the sun, with about a 30 mph crosswind. The goat was near a private property line, so I wanted a bang flop. I doped the wind, and at 180 yards, there was no hold over. When I broke the shot, I lost the antelope in the sun glare, and the recoil. When I found him again, he was white belly up, and feet in the air, rigid. The autopsy showed a pretty nasty exit wound, about 3" with a lot of bone shards in the tissue. Inside there was mostly blood pudding.

The second antelope was a bunny at 100 yards, in a massive expanse of public land. So I did the old vitals pass through, and watched the blood pouring out of the hole, in the chest, in the scope, as I set up for the second shot, since this goat had gone from standing to goat speed. He was headed away from the road, so being a lazy hunter, I decided to stop the increasing drag distance, ASAP. High shoulder shot, and that ended that. Again autopsy showed 2"-3" exit holes, and massive internal damage...Great bullet for antelope-deer sized game. And I am guessing you will be happy with the results on wolves, unless you want the pelts...There will be holes to fix.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: vtsSteve Garrett
Have you tried 130gr Barnes on any game?
I'm considering them for wolf.

I've used 150 on elk, usually use 180 for them. But i read they work really well going lighter than normal, pushed fast. So I've sized down on everything and am really happy with the results. Bang, flop, field dress. Pass through so no idea what the bullet looked like. Buddy shooting 300 winny, factory bullet, same range, roughly same poi, smaller animal, recovered that in the body.

I've used 100gr 25cal on deer and goats over 400 yards. Bang, flop, passthrough.

Same bullet on coyote at 170 yards, basically field dressed it for me. It was during a goat hunt, so same load.

A dog won't even slow them down. Best bullet around imo.

I've found them very fur friendly except on the dog. Caliber size entry, caliber sized exit, everything in between looked like a grenade went off. I'm a vials shooter so no review on shoulders etc.

Back