Boyd's Stock Colors Look Different to Anyone?

BOWLSEYE

Has anyone purchased one lately and noticed the colors looking different? They seem to look kind of faded / unfinished. Just don't seem to have the rich color as in the past, especially the brown nutmeg.

I'm not sure... I picked up a Royal (purple) one for my son recently which was a lot lighter purple, and almost more blue, than a Royal stock I purchased ~2yrs ago. On the other hand, I picked up a Red & Black stock for him on the same order which is considerably more red than a same color stock from ~3 years ago. I got a "coyote" colored stock for my wife last year which is as rich and evenly colored as any stock I've ever seen from them...

The UPS man dropped off my new Boyds stock last Friday for one of my CZ 527's. I got the Rimfire Hunter in Coyote and the color phaze of the Coyote laminate looked exactly like the Pro Varmint in Coyote Laminate my dad put on his Ruger 77/17HMR a year ago.

I've got a couple rimfire rifles with Boyd's stocks and I'm typically not a big fan of Boyd's but I have to admit I was pretty impressed with this last one I got from them and it only took about two weeks to get from the time I placed the order till I received it.

Originally Posted By: B23The UPS man dropped off my new Boyds stock last Friday for one of my CZ 527's. I got the Rimfire Hunter in Coyote and the color phaze of the Coyote laminate looked exactly like the Pro Varmint in Coyote Laminate my dad put on his Ruger 77/17HMR a year ago.

I've got a couple rimfire rifles with Boyd's stocks and I'm typically not a big fan of Boyd's but I have to admit I was pretty impressed with this last one I got from them and it only took about two weeks to get from the time I placed the order till I received it.

Lets see some Pic...

Originally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: B23The UPS man dropped off my new Boyds stock last Friday for one of my CZ 527's. I got the Rimfire Hunter in Coyote and the color phaze of the Coyote laminate looked exactly like the Pro Varmint in Coyote Laminate my dad put on his Ruger 77/17HMR a year ago.

Lets see some Pic...

Wellll, kinda embarrissing, but, I would gladly post a pic or two if I knew how but I've never taken the time to learn how to post pics on this site. I can when it's done through attachments but not if you have to through a host. I can text or email you some.
grin.gif

Back