It's been a decade..........

canislatrans54

Today (May 4, '17) marks kind of an "anniversary" for me.

It has been exactly 10 years, to the day, since the day that I worked up my first cow horn howler (which was also my first ever call made).

I was "reminded" of that fact by this morning's local news.

It was 10 years ago today, that a tornado wiped out the town of Greensburg, KS....and another tornado hit a row of rural residential housing, about 20 miles north of me, called the Ottawa State Fishing Lake (located in Ottawa county, KS).

One of the houses destroyed in that row by the lake, belonged to a fellow who was a HOB here at the time, "seeinspots".

I recall that I was listening to all of the storm reports, on the radio, while I was working on my horn howler.

It was another 2 years and 1 month, before I finally became a HOB and started trying to sell my calls. (After about a full year of persuading by guys like bearmanric, Kerry Carver, Tony Tebbe...and many other people.)

IMHO, while I am STILL a LOOONNNNGG way from being where I want to be, as a call maker (as far as looks & engraving/carving ability)...IMHO, I feel I have improved over the years.
smirk.gif

Hopefully, y'all think so too!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You do good work and make great calls. But, over and above those things, you have a great work ethic and give great customer service. With a little luck you and I will still be doing business 10 years from now. That is as long as the Good Lord doesn't have something more important for us to do.
Vance

Back