Flx 500 or 1000

I have a FLX 500. Big problem for me is it would just stop while calling. Big deal breaker for me. Plus there customer service wasn't the greatest in my opinion. Since I really do a lot of calling every year I decided to get a Foxpro Fusion. Best decision I ever made. Save your money and get a proven call. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I had an flx 500 for 2 years and it would throw a random sound once in a while in the middle of a set, I called cs and they said it was out of warranty, I asked to send back and pay out of pocket. They replied " send it back and we will look at it" this was on a Friday, they received the call on Monday morning and I had a brand new flx1000 on my doorstep for free on Thursday. I don't think you can beat that service right there. Love the call, love the service.

This has nothing to do with anything really, just my opinion, but when a company simply swaps out an item, to me it gives the image of a cheesy product. If you can send an item back to the company, and they can actually work on it, either fix the problem, upgrade it, rebuild it,or whatever, it gives me the impression of quality. Scope companies are the prime example. Then again, price point is a major issue here as well.
Mark

One of my business wholesalers (electronics) carries the Flextone calls. I was curious about them, so I ordered one to donate to a youth hunt so I could play with it a bit first before I donated it. It was ok. Range seemed a bit better than my Primos Turbo Dogg, but the call and remote didn't 'feel' as sturdy. Sound quality was pretty good. Quality wasn't anywhere near a Shockwave, but neither is the price. Overall, my opinion would be it's ok on a budget, but you can do better if you save up a bit.

Back