just for fun: "Animal nicknames" of people you know...

boogercounty

out of curiosity, what are some of the animal nicknames of your friends and acquaintances???....

Here are the nicknames of some of the locals:

Bear
Frog
Toad
Turtle
Stud-Turtle (Turtle's son)
Buck
Bull
Horse
Whistle-pig
Crane
Big Owl
Spider
Duck
Goose
Buzzard
Goat
Bulldog
Brush Ape
Bug
Rooster
Jackrabbit
Banty (rooster)
Mule
Donkey
Worm
Horsefly
Wasp(er)
Crow
Chicken Hawk
Squirrel
HoneyBee
'Possum
'Coon
Catfish

That's all I can recall, now. These are actual nicknames that have been hung on people in this area. Like all such names, they may refer to a certain characteristic or appearance, or may have been hung on them, just to get their goat.

Anything similar in your area???

Booger Cty,MO sounds like a fun place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifI know a couple of
Moose(they're big guys)
Frog-french
Rabbit-he's small an fast
Buck
Bucky
Beaver
Bushhog
Piggy-eats everything
Rat-looks like one
Cow-boy-he has manbreasts
Shadface
Lizard
Snake
Kitty-she pretty
Horseface-she not pretty
Porky

almost forgot Grinner-that's me.(variation of Green-er)I guess that's what y'all call possums?We have no possums here....just grinners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
well it ain't an animal but ,my wife calls Byron South "thunder" ! anyone who has seen volume III knows why!

I know a:

Piglet
bird
spider monkey
bear
mule(dont ask)
turkey(Neck)
and a Walrus(MIL)

Glenn, If my wife called another man "thunder" I would worry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Byron "Thunder" South /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, I think I saw a movie with him in it (Co-starring Ron Jeremy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif ).

Just funnin with ya.

Todd

Last edited:
I have a friend we call worm. It all started with a few to many beers and a tree.
We have
Skeeter = don't know why
Fish = cause he likes to drink a lot.
tad pole = cause he is small
My friends dad calls my buddy squirrel = I don't know why
My dad calls me Monk, short for monkey cause I always was climbing everything as a child.

OH, we also call one of my buddies Monkey and he really hates it. He looks like a monkey though!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mole- A couple [compact] fellow firefighters. They can get into some really small spaces...[better them, than me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif].

Possum- Our Grandson[blond hair].

1dog- One of my older Bro's, who coyote hunts with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Snake (my old deer hunting partner)

Moose (a 6'4" very strong athletic women. She's actually very pretty)

Hoss [horse] (another big women)

Turtle (a guy that moves his head like a turtle)

Mouse (a HUGE dude! He's been called Mouse his entire life)

Dog (a guy with....um.........bad habits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Bull (a guy 5'6" built like a bull)

Buck (better than calling him Wilber, I guess?)

Pitbull (a local kid in youth boxing. Name describes his style.)

Lizard (real last name Lidyard)

"Moose" is one that various people have saddled me on and off with over the years. Like BCB, my wife calls me animal names, but I never pay much attention... something about a "shellfish pig" or something... who's ever heard of such a thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rhino,He was my old biker partner from years ago.This post had me thinking about him.I guess when we parted ways,I chose the right road.I got more into the hunting and fishing.And he got more into the outlaw biker groups.He died in prison in 1996.He was 47 years old.
I guess you get out of life what you put into it.I'm real grateful to still be around,and to be able to spend some time with the good guys we have on this board.God Bless you all.daveyboy

Back