New Strings and cables.

pahntr760

I recently ordered two sets of strings and cables.

One set was from 60X for my wife's Cabela's/Diamond Instigator. They came in very well made and in spec. No peep twist once set up for her smaller stature and short draw...they tuned right in and are certainly a faster string than stock. And they had a 15% off code when I ordered them on Easter Sunday.

The second set I ordered were from First String. These came in and were a real mess. The top 1/2 of the string was not twisted in at all. I also have noticed, after shooting about 150 arrows, that there wasn't a good pre stretch effort applied as my peep is migrating around the string about 90º. I will continue to shoot the string in and adjust accordingly after them seem good and settled. The cable came in perfect. Smooth, clean twists and no tune issues there.

Has anyone else has less than favorable results from First String? I got them steeply discounted, so I am not overly concerned...however these are the strings I am supposed to recommend to customers, butI have troubles with that seeing how well the 60X showed up.

Thanks for the info!

No experience with first strings but I had the same result with 60x as you with my redhead kryptik. Shot it a little to settle in installed the peep and haven't touched it since
J

Back