BHW current wait time?

I'm about the same you would think they would get the replacements out ASAP they were not right from the start. Barrel makers what you going to do?
MB

Last edited:
8-12 weeks is pretty standard in the industry. Sometimes the wait gets bumped back if they get a big order from larger companies. That has happened to us a few times over the years. Barrel mfg's like to do as many in one caliber as they can before setting up for another caliber. Can be tough on clients.

Ordered from Ritch on Feb 3, 2017, received from BHW Apr 26, 2017. 22" 204 Ruger chamber, HBAR like profile, 5/8x24 threaded muzzle, machine finish. Barrel looks good, and the upper is assembled. Now I have to move a scope off one rifle, to this one, for testing. Range report when I get that done, and the monsoon ends.
cry.gif
I might have to put pontoons on the shooting bench!

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: SqueezeOrdered from Ritch on Feb 3, 2017, received from BHW Apr 26, 2017. 22" 204 Ruger chamber, HBAR like profile, 5/8x24 threaded muzzle, machine finish. Barrel looks good, and the upper is assembled. Now I have to move a scope off one rifle, to this one, for testing. Range report when I get that done, and the monsoon ends.
cry.gif
I might have to put pontoons on the shooting bench!

Squeeze

Good to hear I have a 204 that I ordered on 2/12/17 so hopefully mine will be here soon.

Buddy of mine just got his shipping notice Thursday, it was just under 5wks. I'm waiting on a Grendel barrel, hoping since I ordered 2wks after him, I can get mine in 2wks from now too.

Ordered a BHW .264 LBC Barrel and bolt first week of Febuary. Got a shipping notice it will be here on 5/2. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGAnyone know the current BHW wait time? I returned a bad new barrel 8 weeks ago and they are making a replacement, red flagged to go to the front of the line. (They confirmed it had chamber concentricity issues and short throat issues).

I called for an update today after waiting 8 weeks. My barrel is still at "chambering", then after that add a week for blackening, then add another week for shipping.

How was your barrel shooting as for groups.. Mine is all over the place.. Tried different scope, Powders and bullets today and the best my barrel would do is about a 1.5 group and nothing touching.. My son has the same barrel and was ordered the same time and arrived at same time.. His is a tack driver and mine is complete opposite.. Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGAnyone know the current BHW wait time? I returned a bad new barrel 8 weeks ago and they are making a replacement, red flagged to go to the front of the line. (They confirmed it had chamber concentricity issues and short throat issues).

I called for an update today after waiting 8 weeks. My barrel is still at "chambering", then after that add a week for blackening, then add another week for shipping.

How was your barrel shooting as for groups.. Mine is all over the place.. Tried different II scope, Powders and bullets today and the best my barrel would do is about a 1.5 group and nothing touching.. My son has the same barrel and was ordered the same time and arrived at same time.. His is a tack driver and mine is complete opposite.. Dan What barrel did you order Dan?

Originally Posted By: yotekiller47Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGAnyone know the current BHW wait time? I returned a bad new barrel 8 weeks ago and they are making a replacement, red flagged to go to the front of the line. (They confirmed it had chamber concentricity issues and short throat issues).

How was your barrel shooting as for groups.. Mine is all over the place.. Tried different II scope, Powders and bullets today and the best my barrel would do is about a 1.5 group and nothing touching.. My son has the same barrel and was ordered the same time and arrived at same time.. His is a tack driver and almost mine is complete opposite.. Dan What barrel did you order Dan?

I got 2 22 inch 20 practical barrels.. One just shoots beyond phenomenal I am talking 4 into one hole almost and the 5th one just a 16th away from that group.. Then this one that is giving me trouble shoots like a worn out barreled rifle.. Dan

Originally Posted By: boltrunnerfinely got a shipping notice today i should have my barrel by the 15th yahoo.

Which barrel/caliber did you order ?

Originally Posted By: boltrunner pencil barrel 223

I'm going to try a Faxon 16" 5.56 pencil barrel. Should be here next week.
I'm at 15 weeks on my BHW 6x6.8.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: T3BEAROriginally Posted By: boltrunner pencil barrel 223

I'm going to try a Faxon 16" 5.56 pencil barrel. Should be here next week.
I'm at 15 weeks on my BHW 6x6.8.
unsure.gif

The Faxon pencil barrel is incredibly light. I thought the shipping tube was empty when it arrived. I almost feel like I'm gonna break it.

Back