AR CALIBER and KIND

Birdsandspurs

Guys dk jack about them only ever held 1 but I think night hunting is the only purpose I'd have 1. They just don't interest me but watching videos and hearing you guys talk seems theynare good for night calling.

What's a good AR and what caliber would you want with night vision/thermal?

Need more info. what type of critters etc. but a .223 with good barrel and trigger will take care of 90% of the situations.

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursI'd use it specifically fo coyote hunting I'd prefer something other than a 223. Would a 6.5 Grendel be ok with thermal?

That it would.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursI'd use it specifically fo coyote hunting I'd prefer something other than a 223. Would a 6.5 Grendel be ok with thermal?

That it would.

Greg

I wasn't sure if there was a recoil rating for them or something with your eye right up to the cup on the thermal/NV

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursI'd use it specifically fo coyote hunting I'd prefer something other than a 223. Would a 6.5 Grendel be ok with thermal?

That it would.

Greg

I wasn't sure if there was a recoil rating for them or something with your eye right up to the cup on the thermal/NV

I'm sure that there is some recoil MAX but a 6.5 G. with thermal is very common. Lots less whacking then on a 308 and I've shot more than a few of those..lol

Greg

A buddy who was in army served several tours in Afghan. Said he could build me 1 and a good 1 at that that's light weight around 6# for 700-800$? Said a 6.5g would be good for purpose I'm wanting. That all sound about right?

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursA buddy who was in army served several tours in Afghan. Said he could build me 1 and a good 1 at that that's light weight around 6# for 700-800$? Said a 6.5g would be good for purpose I'm wanting. That all sound about right?

It will work well for your needs.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursA buddy who was in army served several tours in Afghan. Said he could build me 1 and a good 1 at that that's light weight around 6# for 700-800$? Said a 6.5g would be good for purpose I'm wanting. That all sound about right?

Greg

Is a suppressor a huge help killing coyotes say if 2-3-4-5 come in? Does it whiten the gun done enough that the boom doesn't soook them as bad

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I would recommend looking into 22 Nosler.

Can you buy factory ammo in them 22 noslers and reload it as cheap as 6.5 Grendel

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursA buddy who was in army served several tours in Afghan. Said he could build me 1 and a good 1 at that that's light weight around 6# for 700-800$? Said a 6.5g would be good for purpose I'm wanting. That all sound about right?

Greg

Is a suppressor a huge help killing coyotes say if 2-3-4-5 come in? Does it whiten the gun done enough that the boom doesn't soook them as bad

They have less chance of spotting exactly where you of as it does bust up the blast signature. Some combo are very quiet, others not so much. Ritch has a 6X6.8 that he swears is so quiet even he can't believe it.

Greg

Is there specific silencers that are known to be quite or am I better to match the can to the gun afte it's built

I appreciate you answering all my questions.

Cousin has just told me he has a REV ARMS 6:5 Grendel he wants to sell. Any input? Looks like they screwed alotta people and went under but what they made was good?

Originally Posted By: GLShooterCheck with Ritch on his brand. I can't recall what it is. Maybe a PM to him. His phone is down today..

Greg

What is his business name here or his username?

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursOriginally Posted By: GLShooterCheck with Ritch on his brand. I can't recall what it is. Maybe a PM to him. His phone is down today..

Greg

What is his business name here or his username?

The banner below my name covers it. He goes by R Johnson here. He's a sponsor.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursCousin has just told me he has a REV ARMS 6:5 Grendel he wants to sell. Any input? Looks like they screwed alotta people and went under but what they made was good?

Never heard of them. I wouldn't buy a pig in a poke.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursCousin has just told me he has a REV ARMS 6:5 Grendel he wants to sell. Any input? Looks like they screwed alotta people and went under but what they made was good?

Never heard of them. I wouldn't buy a pig in a poke.

Greg

Understood on that

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursOriginally Posted By: varminter .223I would recommend looking into 22 Nosler.

Can you buy factory ammo in them 22 noslers and reload it as cheap as 6.5 Grendel
Midway has the 55s on sale for around 21 per box on occasion. I bought another 250 cases for 111 bucks with the birthday discount a few days ago. With about 580 pieces of brass now I m ready for November.

Back