CZ 455 VARMINT .22 MAG w/ BOYDS STOCK

Bad Dawg

Here's the CZ with a Boyd's Coyote Laminate stock. I really like it. What do you guys think?

Had to take a dowel and some sand paper to the barrel channel because there were places of contact. She's floating now.

Sporting a Vortex Tactical 4 x 12 x 40.

Last edited:
That's crazy, just yesterday I put the exact same color phase stock on my CZ 527 Varmint 204 so I'm probably a little partial in saying this but I think it looks great!!!

Mine is the rimfire hunter in coyote. Boyd's only inlets them for the "American" model, not the Varmint with the larger barrel contour, so I had to do a fair amount of sanding to make it fit but once I got the barrel channel opened up it fit pretty well.

Which model of Boyd's stock is that and again, it looks really good congrats.

The only thing I'd do different with yours is put some lower scope rings on it, that scope is sitting wayyy higher than it needs to be and you'll likely shoot it better with the scope lowered, too.

Hey thanks man!! I went with the Classic in Coyote Laminate.

I hear ya about the scope mounts. I think the bolt will hit the scope though with lower rings. Do you have any suggestions?

I like it.

I have a weaver v-24 on MED warne 7.3 rings. The bolt handle just barely clears the ocular and the objective sits so low it is difficult to put the scope bikini on. In other words, perfect.

Find the spec sheet for the dimensions and compare that to your scope. I think you should be able to go at least a little lower.

Back