Killed a big Male! And want to say THANK YOU to all you guys!

johncraddock445

I got a call yesterday from a farm that I deer hunt saying the coyotes have been giving them [beeep] with their calves and other animals... I decided on a whim to go tonight about 11pm.
Once getting to the property I had about a 1/4 walk due to it being so wet out and not wanting to leave any tracks. I slipped on my crye precision night cap with my LD19A and made my way out towards the barn which has roughly 40 acres of fields in every direction and a small pond behind it... Soon as I crest the hill I picked up heat behind the barn by the pond dam and knew it was a coyote right away... As luck would have it I had time to setup my tripod and mount my 300blk ruger ranch. Using my armasight vampire I was able to make ID quickly at 100 yards. He was making his way towards me completely ignoring my lip squeaks when I finally got him stopped he was at 75 yards but I could only see the top of his chest and head. I took what was given to me and he dropped DRT... I scanned around for a few minutes with no other takers and went and recovered him. I realized something looked a little goofy with his eyes as I was walking towards him. After getting to him I was kinda puzzled by what the 110gr vmax did to this fella. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but I will say I did have a laugh or two. I didn't a scale with me but this guy was a hoss... He wasn't the thickest coyote I've seen but man did he have a big frame!

I killed my 1st night time coyote with thermal and NV on 2-27 of this year after more unsuccessful night hunts with lights than I care to admit. Since this 27th of Feb I have bagged 9 coyotes and more importantly found a passion for something I really enjoy at a time when I really needed it. There is no way I would be doing what I am now (and enjoying it as much as I do) without this forum. You guys have given me a ton of information that has helped me find success. I have had member's reach out to me in PM and even telephone conversations that have made all the difference for a guy that has no one local with any experience hunting this critter's at night. I will say you guys are not the cheapest group to hang around with $$$$$ but its been worth every penny. So Thank you to each of you all that have take your time to help a newbie get started. I hope one day I can return the favor to someone else.
20170428_003031_zpsm5dmawrr.jpg
20170428_002813_zpsnrdwjjej.jpg

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpNow that's what I can an "eye popping experience", congrats John.
smile.gif

LOL!
lol.gif

Last edited:
Back