Bargain Scanner

Originally Posted By: Uncle MikeHello 06/ Can you please post a pic of your scanner with the IR?
Id like to see what it looks like. You can pm me if you prefer. Thanks

Mike, here's photos of my Spark setup. I had to purchase a picatinny mount for it in order to use a scope ring for the IR light. I use a quick detach ring.

I have numerous illuminators, but use the LLTL-001 with the Spark though I could just as easily use any of the 850nm ones I have. The Spark has on-board IR but it's not useful at any distance other than very close.

I have spent over 30 minutes trying to get one photo to orientate properly and can't, but maybe you can get the idea. The on / off switch is pretty simple and has the onboard IR too.

That spark like a handy setup. I use a pulsar ld19a for a scanner and paid around $1400 for it. I can see a deer or coyote size heat blob at 3-400 yards but unless they are moving, hard to tell what they are till they get around 100 yards. Then I shoot with my armasight vampire nv scope. I cant tell the difference between coon and possums at 100 yards with the thermal but you can definitely see them. I also have the pulsar quantum xd50s and it is much clearer but the field of view is much more narrow than the 19, so you can identify heat sources better with the 50 but cant scan a field as fast as you can with the 19.

Back