A wet spring day...

Tim Neitzke

Lots of rain and cool today much like the last month, with a couple nice days here and there. Yard is flooded once again .
frown.gif

As I wait for my chili in the mircowave to warm up, I stared out the window with thoughts of spring fishing. A flash of orange out in the new greens of spring , FOX !! ?? Grabbed my rifle for optics since my binos are in the truck..grrr...lol

About 125 yards out is a female fox nursing 4 pups ! Oh how I wish I had a good camera and lens. Nothing like watching the young ones play and frolic around in the wetness, which means nothing to them. What a refreshing sight on a dreary day !
thumbup.gif

Anybody seen pred pups yet ?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOh how I wish I had a good camera and lens.

My wife wanted a nice camera for photos, and I have to say it was by far one of the best investments we ever made. For a nice camera and lens, it'll set you back about $800-$1,000, but it's worth every penny. A 300 mm lens would've snagged amazingly close photos of those pups at that yardage.

Not to mention, it's a lot of fun photographing rifles.

No pups yet, but the foxes have been out in force these past couple months, must not have any competition left with the yotes
cool.gif

I'm hoping I get to see them now and then. Someday I really need to get a good camera, I've wanted one for a while, but always find other things to buy.
blush.gif

the close by neighbor and I figure a yote has a den nearby us as a yote has been observed inspecting his chickens pretty regular from a hayfield with some areas suitable for a den not too far away.

the yote has it figured out when none of us are nearby, the guy doing some remodeling to the neighbors house has seen it as he comes in mid morning.

the houses are about 200 yards apart, and are the two houses on an old farm up in a dead end valley.... nice and peaceful usually.

Been seeing the fox on off all week depending on what is going on in the yards next door.

I'm not working today ,so I got to watch them play and nurse again. Little suckers sure are full of themselves.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762You keep watching them and you are not gonna be able to pull the trigger when it's time
sneaky2.gif

Watching them, shucks, he's got 'em named by now!
wink.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Glad you have enough foxes. Haven't shoot them for a long time. Coyotes have made them a rare sighting. Always had a den in pretty much the same spot in one of my fields every year. Now nothing since the coyotes have been here. See very infrequently.

I have one behind the barn. That is always busy. When he wants something he doesnt quit. He may be 10 weeks old now and just getting weaned. My wife nows takes all of the table scraps back there so that they have plenty to eat. I keep telling her not to worry because when they get hungry they will eat the ducks and chickens. And probably another barn cat.

Love the avatar, Jerry, but you must not have the quality liars in your neck of the woods that we have down south. Or maybe fishin' just ain't never that bad down here.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

That's neat !

Saw a new group of fox last night at work ! Lite rain just before dark, they was out playing in the fresh cut grass. These are town fox and I'm not sure how I've not seen them till now. They are much older than the ones behind my house. They have their adult colors and look about half grown already.

I dont even shoot them here. We have had red's but once the yotes got populated that was the end of that. I dont guess I see one a year any more. We had one we named the town fox as it would come and sit on a hill about 40 yads off the road and just watch the cars go by and the kids play along a DNR trail......

Back