Savage 110 Predator Hunter Max 1 in .223 rem

AMace

I'm buying one in 2 more weeks.
Can anyone with experience with this gun tell me how far it can reach out and still be accurate and effective on coyotes, and what kind of ammo they'd use? The barrel is a 1:9 twist, and I'll be reloading too- but I'd love to hear what others have found to be good box or reloaded ammo, and how far they'd shoot. Thanks!!

i have read that bullets shot out of a 223 bounce off coyotes. thankfully mine never have.

how far it will reach out and be effective has more to do with the shooter than the rifle. how good are you?

Mines .243 and as long as you know your bullet drops it spells lights out.my unc. Is shooting a savage 12 heavy barrel. 223 he just got. And dropped one at325yds. Hope that helps.

I'd say once I am familiar with my new rifle, I'll be good. I've been shooting/hunting with old rifles for almost 30 years, and have dropped deer using open sights on a .308 well over 300 yards. I'm also an avid bow hunter so I'm pretty steady and have a pretty decent shooting eye. Small game hunting gives you the reflexes. I found the bow really helps (me) with shooting steadier, and the big game hunts gives (me) training on waiting for the right shot. (That's just my personal experience; really it's the hours spent that hones all these skill requirements; whether it's small caliber, large, or bow it all works together)
That's why I'm looking for extreme precision at maximum distance benchmarks, as that is what I feel my next stage is.
Reloading is going to be a part of this advancement as well.

I have this rifle in 6.5 creedmoor and it is the most accurate rifle I've owned. Great balanced rifle, with the right optic it will kill any coyote you see. I shoot 223 wylde in my AR15 and I would look hard at the 60g Vmax ammo Black hills loads. A lot of good options out there, let the rifle tell you what it likes. Best of luck and I know you'll be surprised at how great this rifle is.

Back