Trigger Question

champ198

so im still working on getting parts for my 6.5 Grendel build.
I have the lower, LPK, Grip, ordering buffer tube spring assy this week.
next im looking for a trigger.

this is going to be a hunting dun for deer and punching paper on the range
which trigger would be better. a single stage or 2 stage?

Single vs 2 stage is a matter of personal preference. There are a lot of good triggers on the market and you can get a lot of them in either flavor. I personally prefer a single stage, but a buddy of mine has his set up with a 2-stage Rock River trigger. The second stage is just as crisp and easy to pull as most single stage setups I've used. I just never got accustomed to the "feel" of a 2 stage trigger.

I run cmc 2 stage 1/3 does take some getting used to though.1/3=first stage 1lb. second stage 3lb.ive not been around many ar triggers but dont see how they could get any better then this if you can get used to the 2 stage feel.

What barrel/upper is your 6.5 going to be.ive been hoping a used upper would pop up on the classifieds but haven't seen one.midway had shilen barrel/bolt on sale awhile back should have gotten me one

Originally Posted By: sqrlgtrWhat barrel/upper is your 6.5 going to be.ive been hoping a used upper would pop up on the classifieds but haven't seen one.midway had shilen barrel/bolt on sale awhile back should have gotten me one

I am planning on using a Spikes Upper and Odin 6.5 20" barrel

I have run both, in competition and while hunting. Frankly, once you have decided to send the round single vs. two stage becomes irrelevant. You keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to send it so the "take up" on a two stage isn't relevant. Focus on sight picture, breathing and send it. It is worrisome that some shooters seem to rely on the first stage as some kind of last chance safety.

I would say shoot what you are most experienced with and what you are most comfortable with.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoI have run both, in competition and while hunting. Frankly, once you have decided to send the round single vs. two stage becomes irrelevant. You keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to send it so the "take up" on a two stage isn't relevant.

I guess the booger makes it irrelevant. Learn something every day on this forum......

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoI have run both, in competition and while hunting. Frankly, once you have decided to send the round single vs. two stage becomes irrelevant. You keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to send it so the "take up" on a two stage isn't relevant.

I guess the booger makes it irrelevant. Learn something every day on this forum......

True, I guess people do use it for other things...

Back