TN House and Senate Pass a Version of HPA.

As nice as that might sound for the TN residents, they would never be able to take them out of the state.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71All the above is why I think this a joke. AS a dealer i'm not going to just tell the ATF to pound sand. I';m sure this isn't over yet.

Amen to that.

There's a couple cats in Kansas that tried their hand at Kansas law which states if its made and kept here, it cant be regulated by the feds. Yeah. They're pending charges in federal court....

Originally Posted By: Rich1So if it works, are we all moving to Tennessee?

Nope. Want nothing to do with their new law. I doubt any dealer will put his FFL on the line for the new law either.

I live in Tennessee and that law would be nice,buuuttt, TN will not tell the Feds what to do. I'm in for getting a petition up to change the state name to Tenneffee. They fee you to death on everything. Can't see that law passing. Also,They will not let you night hunt coyotes or use Night Vision. So a suppressor.. BullS...

Sounds like a good plan to me. The states could regulate them like concealed carry. A license for one would be good for everything. States are ignoring the DEA and the federal govt and selling dope. Why not a suppressor.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksSounds like a good plan to me. The states could regulate them like concealed carry. A license for one would be good for everything. States are ignoring the DEA and the federal govt and selling dope. Why not a suppressor.

Thats a good point. Look at Colorado. Didn't they pretty much tell the Feds to pound sand. But, Supressors are evil and dope is not . Right.... Would like to see this go,I don't hunt outside the state anymore. Not going to be the first (inmate)Guinea pig either.

Originally Posted By: yotekiller47Originally Posted By: sandy hicksSounds like a good plan to me. The states could regulate them like concealed carry. A license for one would be good for everything. States are ignoring the DEA and the federal govt and selling dope. Why not a suppressor.

Thats a good point. Look at Colorado. Didn't they pretty much tell the Feds to pound sand. But, Supressors are evil and dope is not . Right.... Would like to see this go,I don't hunt outside the state anymore. Not going to be the first (inmate)Guinea pig either.

Dope and cans are not even close to the same regulated item.
smile.gif
Feds sell the same dope over and over again. They have quite the racket going on Interstate I-80. Its a large cash cow for them. There is no war on drugs only people figuring out how to make money off it including the Feds. Colorado is a prime example of poisoning the american people and profiting off it.

I saw this explanation of why they did it on another forum. It seemed to make sense.

"The problem with the federal Hearing Protection Act as currently written is that although it eases some of the burden for the consumer concerning the current federal regulations, some state laws outlaw them in their states. Citizens in those states can currently own them with the defense to owning them in those states laws being that if the item (suppressor) is listed in the NFA it is legal there. However, once suppressors are removed from the NFA because of HPA there will be no state defense to owning them. Several states are passing affirmative suppressor legislation in anticipation of the HPA passing."

Back