trigger question

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogGive them a call. They will fix you up. Great folks to deal with.

call rifle basix or savage?

rifle basix

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014I need to do something to my savage mark 2 gxp trigger as its horrible! I found rifle basix but really don't understand what I need or whats for what.

http://riflebasix.com/product/savage-accutrigger-rimfire-trigger-sav-rat/

http://riflebasix.com/product/savage-mark2-rimfire-trigger-sav-r/

the way i read it both of those are for the rifle you have. one is the trigger and the other is the sear.

if i was you i would buy the trigger first and see if that get you where you want to be.

if it still is not good enough then you can get the sear to go with the trigger.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014I need to do something to my savage mark 2 gxp trigger as its horrible! I found rifle basix but really don't understand what I need or whats for what.

the way i read it both of those are for the rifle you have. one is the trigger and the other is the sear.

if i was you i would buy the trigger first and see if that get you where you want to be.

if it still is not good enough then you can get the sear to go with the trigger.

another question on that. is this trigger adjustable? it just appears to me that its just a trigger with a spring. ive never messed with anything like this so just trying to learn.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost RB triggers are adjustable for weight of pull. Says its adjustable from 1-4 pounds. I take it that's what the little springs for?

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost RB triggers are adjustable for weight of pull. Says its adjustable from 1-4 pounds. I take it that's what the little springs for?

You were given good advise in the first reply......call RB.....or you can keep guessing....your call.

Several years ago, I sent a trigger and a USPS money order to Rifle Basix for some repair work on a used trigger I bought. The mail lost the trigger and the MO. After talking with RB a few times trying to locate my lost trigger, he said screw it and sent me a new trigger free!! I won't ever talk bad about these folks. Call them, they will answer ALL your questions!!!

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014I need to do something to my savage mark 2 gxp trigger as its horrible! I found rifle basix but really don't understand what I need or whats for what.

another question on that. is this trigger adjustable? it just appears to me that its just a trigger with a spring. ive never messed with anything like this so just trying to learn.

There are 3 screws. Sear engagement, trigger pull weight, over-travel. All adjustable. The Rifle Basix makes the trigger pull better with some changes to the geometry.

I have a Sav-Rat in my 93-17. I like it very much so more than the factory Accu-Trigger.

Call Rifle Basix, they will give you some more info.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost RB triggers are adjustable for weight of pull. Says its adjustable from 1-4 pounds. I take it that's what the little springs for?

You were given good advise in the first reply......call RB.....or you can keep guessing....your call.

id rather ask my question from the people on here than take a chance at a company whos out to make $ try and sell me a bunch of stuff I don't need. sorry for asking a question on a talk forum. if I was guessing I wouldn't be asking questions. however, it looks like the consensus is to call them and see what I need. I just didn't understand why they offered 2 separate things.

Last edited:
This is the third and last time I'll repeat this. Call them, they aren't out to take your money and sell you what you don't need. This is a very small company ran by a few people. They are not out to screw you. If your worried about them screwing you, call Timney and don't waste their time and yours.

There are instructions for install on the links you posted.

Heck there is even contact info (phone number).

rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
The whole dam country's walking around with a cell phone in their hand 24/7 yet they refuse to make a phone call.

I know I'm old but what is it that I don't I get about this picture?

And that's not directed at you alone oilhunter....just a general observation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost RB triggers are adjustable for weight of pull. Says its adjustable from 1-4 pounds. I take it that's what the little springs for?

id rather ask my question from the people on here than take a chance at a company whos out to make $ try and sell me a bunch of stuff I don't need. sorry for asking a question on a talk forum. if I was guessing I wouldn't be asking questions. however, it looks like the consensus is to call them and see what I need. I just didn't understand why they offered 2 separate things.

If you don't understand why there are "2 separate things" then do not even attempt to do this work yourself.

There is no obligation to buy if you call them...just go there for the most correct and concise information.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogMost RB triggers are adjustable for weight of pull. Says its adjustable from 1-4 pounds. I take it that's what the little springs for?

If you don't understand why there are "2 separate things" then do not even attempt to do this work yourself.

There is no obligation to buy if you call them...just go there for the most correct and concise information.

Amen to the above.......doesn't sound like you are ready to do any trigger work. Have a gunsmith do it or find an experienced friend that can help you. Inexperience and trigger jobs do not mix.

Back