Best 30mm rings for CZ 527?

I have 2 of the 3-15x42 SWFA FFP, and a couple of the fixed 10x as well. I wanted to keep this rifle as light as possible so I went with the fixed power here. I had concerns about the 10x being too much magnification for my daughter. She is young and still has trouble finding targets in the scope. I thought the 6x would be a better choice for her out calling and hunting deer. I also went with the rear focus so the scope wouldn't be so bulky on a little rifle like this. I got a Demo A closeout on the sample list (used my Texas Hunting forum discount too), and got it to my door for $289. Couldn't beat that deal.

I really like the height of these Warne mediums. I shot the tall factory 1" for 10 years and the height on these Warnes is MUCH better. You will have to have your bolt handle modified if you are going to use the SWFA scope though.

Check out the sample list on SWFA, there are some pretty good deals on there from time to time. There were a couple of the 3-15's on it a few weeks ago.

No idea on the Leupold on whether it would clear or not.

I didn't bed mine originally, but then later on just bedded the recoil lug and tang. It has always shot pretty good no matter what. After I added the can though, it seemed like it was dropping the first shot a little low and right, so at that point I bedded the whole action. It is shooting better now and not dropping that first shot anymore.

Prior to this scope swap I had one of the early original Vortex Viper 4-12x40 BDC scopes on it. It was mounted in the factory 1' rings that came with the rifle. The Vortex was nice and clear, and once it was zeroed it held pretty good. But it seemed swapping loads around and such it was always a little tricky getting the zero exactly where I wanted it. Not really suitable for precise distance shooting though.

Back