New here, thought I'd introduce myself.

CrazyKenley

I've recently gotten back into hunting, and decided coyote hunting would be a worthwhile pursuit. I joined the military quite young and was stationed in Hawai'i. Due to their tight gun laws I quit hunting while I was there, but got out a few years ago. I grew up hunting deer, rabbits, pheasants as well as trapping furbearers with friends in South central Nebraska. I've studied coyote hunting fanatically over the last few months and learned quite a bit, namely that all it takes is sound technique, practice and wisdom.

After reading a few books I started practicing whenever I could with diaphragm calls, and put the skills to the test last night alongside my neighbor who I've never hunted with before. He used an electronic call and put on a fairly standard jack in distress stand mixed with howls and pup distress. After 20 min, he seemed restless we had a hawk come in but nothing else yet, so I started in with feline distress with the diaphragm. 5 minutes later the cows in the pasture started challenging something in the woodline, something they were not at all happy to see. Nothing came in, but [beeep] it was fun watching those cows stand their ground. I must say, I'm hooked, and came here seeking to become a better predator hunter. Happy hunting to you all.

Welcome to PM. You will be able to learn a lot from these guys. A great bunch.
thumbup.gif

Welcome to Predator Masters....I'd say You called in a Coyote or Bobcat and the Cows didn't like it and we're trying to chase it off!Sometimes the mouth calls work better than an Electronic Caller or if You use them together they work even better.

Stay after the Coyotes and some day it will all come together...its,a great feeling when You call 1 in and shoot it!

Back