Acouple of South Ga. Hogs

A 200 yard shot is long for me. I try to close the distance as much as I can. Most of the fields down here have irrigation ditches that you can use as cover and that helps. Richard

Originally Posted By: StonecreekOur farm and the area around here is heavy crop area which results in heavy and healthy looking hogs. Guiding a gun hunt this evening and dogging this weekend. We are west of Lake Blackshear in Sumter County. Richard

Richard, I've got a pretty good chance of being relocated to Georgia in about 6 months. If I make it out that way I'd love to see if you're still offering some guided hunts!

Stonecreek did Caro get worked in a hog pen while you were training her? Or did she take to hogs
naturally ? The reason I ask is I have a Lacey Dog that I got for a coon hunting but It seems to
want to bay really bad. I've thought about trying him out on state land in Sc. or Ga. Can you introduce a dog to hogs while on a hunt without getting him badly hurt. What is your approach to hunting with Caro? Do you know of anyone who has a pen that rents time for training ?
Thank's
Ethan

Oyster Farmer, Caro had limited pen time compared to others I hunt with. Baying hogs came naturally to her. Just a good all around hunting dog. She just gets it. I have used her on blood trailing deer, predator hunting and squirrel hunting. Here is a pic of a sow I took Friday evening. Temp was dropping with wind and rain. Seen a group of hogs and all were black with the exception of this white one who was hammering everything in the group. Thought it was a boar but just a mean ole sow.
ajmpn4.jpg

Really good videos! I enjoyed them.
I finally got a chance to go last weekend. Pretty weather and the river was full. My dogs and I are all out of practice and shape, but we caught 5. I am so glad deer season is over!
Y'all stay after them.

Raiders, I'm down to 1 Jagd a couple Airedales and some Blackmouths. I do plan on breeding her in the future but the truth is Jagds are a younger mans breed and I'm not a younger man anymore. But they are a fine breed of dog and served me well for over a decade. Richard

Originally Posted By: StonecreekRaiders, I'm down to 1 Jagd a couple Airedales and some Blackmouths. I do plan on breeding her in the future but the truth is Jagds are a younger mans breed and I'm not a younger man anymore. But they are a fine breed of dog and served me well for over a decade. Richard

I remember seeing you guys with a big group of them in some previous posts/videos. I've got a couple young ones here I'm working with now. They're an interesting breed of dog to say the least.

Got a couple with the 6.5 Creedmore shooting 129 gr Hornadys. This is out of a group of farm hogs and I had actually shot the black sow a month ago with a 22 magnum at 150 yards and had spotted her twice since then. The Creedmore anchored her at 240 yards.
k0giee.jpg

Checking fields on way in this morning. Found 4 rooting under irrigation about 125 yards out. Pretty heavy wind with storm moving in and they never looked up. Was able to anchor the first 1 then the other 3 only ran about 50 yards and stopped and looked back was able to get number 2. Hogs 3-4 only ran about 50 more yards then stopped again and DRT. Really like the 6.5 Creedmore.
34qjnm9.jpg

Can't beat that! Great shooting also! A LOT of good sausage there. I was thinking about switching over to the 6.5 Creedmoor but going to give the 260 Remington a chance and give my 6.8 a break.

Back