A Man's Worst Nightmare

azmastablasta

Not bad, my earliest memory is going to a party with my father and coming home with my mother.
w00t.gif

Woman, 27, who can recall EVERY DAY of her life - including the 'itchy satin dress' she wore on her first birthday - opens up about living with condition that affects just 80 people worldwide
A woman has opened up about how she remember every single detail of her life
Brisbane's Rebecca Sharrock has Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory
The rare condition gives the 27-year-old woman an extraordinary memory
She has penned about the earliest memory she can remember at just 12 days old
By Cindy Tran for Daily Mail Australia
PUBLISHED: 03:58 EDT, 24 April 2017 | UPDATED: 08:41 EDT, 24 April 2017

A woman has opened up about her astonishing ability where she can remember virtually every single detail of her life since she was 12 days old.
Rebecca Sharrock, from Brisbane, has Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory (HSAM) - a rare condition that gives her an extraordinary memory.
Not only can she remember what she did that day, but she can recall the irrelevant details, including what she wore, what she ate and even the weather forecast.
In her latest blog post, the 27-year-old - who can recite all the Harry Potter books word-for-word - penned about the earliest memory she can remember as a newborn - and the present she was gifted at her first birthday.

At just 12 days old, she remembered her parents placing her on the driver's seat of the car before taking a photograph of her.
'My parents carried me to the driver's seat of the car (my father's idea) and placed me down upon it for a photo,' she wrote.
'As a newborn child I was curious as to what the seat cover and steering wheel above me were. Though at that age I hadn't yet developed the ability to want to get up and explore what such curious objects could be.'
The Queensland woman said she remembered spending a 'lot of time in my crib looking at surrounding toys and the stand up fan next to me'.

She recalled the moment she celebrated her first birthday - and how she broke down in tears when her mother dressed her in an 'itchy satin dress'.
'I had no idea what the day was about, all I knew was that mum was putting me in an itchy satin dress, and I was crying,' she recalled.
'Though I was told that this was my own special day and that lots of people were coming to see me. I still didn't understand but stopped crying eventually.
'That day my parents also gave me a Minnie Mouse plush toy, whose face terrified me, though I could not word this. All I could do was cry and push it away whenever I saw it.'
Ms Sharrock said she remembered the birth of her younger sister Jessica shortly after her second birthday - and how she had to hand down her clothing and toys.
'Just after my second birthday my sister was born. I didn't understand what a sister was back then and was far more interested in playing with my toy train,' she said.

'Though I did get up to some mischief over the next year or so, when it dawned on me that I wasn't an only child anymore, and I had to share everything with a sister, as well as give away my old clothes and toys.'
The young woman is just one of just 80 people worldwide who can remember every single day of their lives.
'This makes me unable to forget any day of my life, and I'm also constantly reliving my past (emotionally) in clear-cut detail,' she said.
Ms Sharrock said she is currently taking part in two memory research studies in an effort to find answers about how the mind works.
'The sole purpose is to find answers about the way everybody's memory works, and to find anything to help people with dementia and Alzheimers,' she said.
'Alzheimers is a condition which is very close to my heart as my step-father's dad had that condition. I loved him as if he was my biological grandfather.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...l#ixzz4fIyNZucd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i can remember very clearly some things when i was about 2 years old. i described for my mother the oxygen tent, hospital room, the chair she slept in, which side of the building the room was on when I had pneumonia at age 2.
While I certainly do not remember every day and everything, I can remember many things in great detail from decades ago. And, plenty of things I wish I would forget.

It would take an entire lifetime to remember an entire lifetime... Talk about living in the past... A definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior expecting different results, thus a smart man learns from his mistakes... Yet it is the wise man that learns from the mistakes of others...

Oh yeah, elephants don't forget anything either;)

Back