anybody watch nite crew last night?

SlickerThanSnot

dangest thing i ever seen. very unusual and cool episode last night. they were using birds of prey to hunt rabbits at night under lights.

one guy has an african eagle and he is determined to take a coyote at night under lights with it. can not wait to see that.

always envied the feathered flying predators. i want to be reincarnated as one. lol

watch this episode if you get a chance.

I'd bet that if you posted a vid on here of an eagle taking a coyote, it would start an interesting debate on;

1. If it is Ethical
2. If it Qualifiers as an actual form of hunting
3. If it Shines a bad light on hunters in general, giving fuel to antis

I for certain would like to see it though, even more so to see it in person. Call it what you will but I see it as hunting...

Anyway, no I did not see it but I should have it on DVR....

Night Crew is one of the very few hunting shows I watch. Both of those episodes on hunting with birds of prey at night were very cool. Honestly though, even with that bad to the bone eagle, IDK if he can ever get it done on a coyote. I would love to see him and his bird try though. It would be epic.

I have driven a Tomcar before too. Had one in our shop one time building a small fire tank for it. Pretty dang cool vehicles.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTX Both of those episodes on hunting with birds of prey at night were very cool.

there has been 2? dang, i have to find the other one!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762I'd bet that if you posted a vid on here of an eagle taking a coyote, it would start an interesting debate on;

1. If it is Ethical

interesting you say that. several times during the show the host mentioned that the purist of the falconry world have been very condemning of what this guy is doing at night.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXNight Crew is one of the very few hunting shows I watch. Both of those episodes on hunting with birds of prey at night were very cool. Honestly though, even with that bad to the bone eagle, IDK if he can ever get it done on a coyote. I would love to see him and his bird try though. It would be epic.

I have driven a Tomcar before too. Had one in our shop one time building a small fire tank for it. Pretty dang cool vehicles. Google search Hunting wolves with eagle in Mongolia & see it happen.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762I'd bet that if you posted a vid on here of an eagle taking a coyote, it would start an interesting debate on;

1. If it is Ethical

interesting you say that. several times during the show the host mentioned that the purist of the falconry world have been very condemning of what this guy is doing at night.

Yep. The shows were called Raptor I and Raptor II. The first one he was using and owl as well, I thought that was really cool.

EDIT: Dang it, I accidentally quoted the wrong message. But you get the drift anyways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: old catOriginally Posted By: JTPinTXNight Crew is one of the very few hunting shows I watch. Both of those episodes on hunting with birds of prey at night were very cool. Honestly though, even with that bad to the bone eagle, IDK if he can ever get it done on a coyote. I would love to see him and his bird try though. It would be epic.

I have driven a Tomcar before too. Had one in our shop one time building a small fire tank for it. Pretty dang cool vehicles. Google search Hunting wolves with eagle in Mongolia & see it happen.

Now that you mention that, I have seen a show where they hunted wolves with eagles in Mongolia. That was pretty hard core. So obviously it can be done. I still want to see it though.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXNight Crew is one of the very few hunting shows I watch. Both of those episodes on hunting with birds of prey at night were very cool.

I agree, they put a hi-quality show together for sure and tell a story that resonates with the audience... Looking forward to see what they have in store for future episodes.

Just watched the eagles kill the wolf in Mongolia. They threw the wolf across the back of a horse, can you emagine how many fleas and lice were transferring from the dead wolf to the horse?

i found and watched part 1 last night. it was just as good as part 2.
thumbup.gif

the guy that owns the birds is quite a character.
lol.gif

I thought the show was awesome. They have QUALITY footage on every show. The guy training these birds of prey obviously knows his stuff and puts forth the EFFORT in his sport.

Last edited:
I was not able to watch the episode, but I am wondering if the guy has had success with his eagle killing a grey fox?

Back