Armasight predator vs Pulsar Apex XD38A

Alan D

anyone have a good reviews between the two scopes . I had a Pulsar 38A and liked it but sold it to friend now I need something to scan with , I need something with long range detection , more than 500 yards .

I think I replied to you over on Lone Star Boars. Pass on the predator and the XD38A is discontinued.

The new Apex XQ38 replaces it. Same housing but has a better display (OLED now) and a new 17micron sensor. The XQ38 is the clear winner from those. That said it's a pretty bulky scope but since you had one before you should already be comfortable with the size.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Are we talking about rifle scopes or monoculars?

6mm..... I have been looking at some of the Pulsar products and it gets a bit confusing when reading posts on the forum because of the terminology they use on their website.

They use the term "thermal imaging scopes" for scanning monoculars and the term "thermal imaging sights" for dedicated rifle scopes.

I think most of us normally refer to a "scope" as a unit with a reticle for firearm use.

Last edited:
Alan D, if you're looking for long-range detection and don't really care about field of view, I'd be looking at the Pulsar Helion XP50. With a 2000 yard detection rating, nothing compares in that price point.

Night Goggles Inc Pulsar Helion XP50

That being said, you haven't mentioned what your budget is which is super important for us to know so we can steer you in the right direction.

Let us know if we can help...

Talking about scopes since he asked about the predator. The helion is the dedicated spotter version of the trail rifle scopes. Pulsars terminology is kinda goofy in that regard. Everything is a scope to them.

I'm aware that the Predator and Apex XD38A are thermal weapon sights but he said Originally Posted By: Alan D...I need something to scan with... so I assumed he meant a scanner/monocular. Scanning with a weapon sight isn't recommended as it's usually attached to a weapon.
blush.gif

But I digress.

Alan D, if you're looking for a long-range thermal weapon sight go with the Trail XP50 as it has the same detection range as the Helion XP50. It's a bit more money as a result of the reticle feature and quick release mount but the same idea.

Night Goggles Inc Pulsar Trail XP50

Either way, we have what you need.

Back