Ruger American 22-250 1 in 10 twist

If I was looking to buy a RAR in 22-250 right now, I would go over to the 24Campfire and check out the thread on the special run of 22-250's in 1:8 that Whittaker's is offering. If you want to shoot a broad range of bullet weights, the 1:8 is a good option.

Linky Here

Originally Posted By: Smokin Barrel..special run of 22-250's in 1:8 that Whittaker's is offering.. Linky Here
It would have interested me for sure, but the muzzle needs threads, and already did that once to my 22-250 T/C Venture.

OP: As far as 1:10 vs heavier pills, my 1:12 T/C stabilized 65 SGK but not 69 TMK.
so would think there's hope for 1:10 & +70 gr.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlIt would have interested me for sure, but the muzzle needs threads, and already did that once to my 22-250 T/C Venture.

OP: As far as 1:10 vs heavier pills, my 1:12 T/C stabilized 65 SGK but not 69 TMK.
so would think there's hope for 1:10 & +70 gr.

I don't know......looks like they lowered the price to $399 today. For only 400 clams, I probably would care too much paying to thread it afterwards.

Class 3 Machine in Rowlett TX does good threading work at a very reasonable price. $50 to thread, $65 to cut and thread. I use Morgan all the time. He has done a bunch for me and folks I know. That may help in the decision. He specializes in threading, ships lots of stuff in an out every day.

It's going to depend on how long the bullet is and how fast you can push it. But Hornady's 75gr Amax, Hornady's 75gr BTHP, and Bergers 77gr HP are all marginally stable at 3100 fps

Last edited:
I thank you for the replies. It would be interesting to hear the discussions of the engineers at Ruger as they were planning that Rifles production.That 1 in 10 is straddling the fence of the competition.

Back