Roll crimping coyote loads

jetman

New primed Fiocchi 3 " hull, 2 3/4"Multi metal wad,1 1/2 oz lead "F" ( 20 caliber) 42 pellets, 34.5 gr "blue dot" powder, a .060 clear over shot card and a roll crimp, I also run a bead of glue around the top.

New primed Fiocchi 3 1/2" hull, 3" MM wad 1 7/8 oz Lead "f" 54 pellets,38.5 gr blue dot powder,.060 clear over shot card ,roll crimp and glue around the top.

The new roll press looks and works like a sweet deal..

100_8235roll.jpg

100_8239roll.jpg

100_8240roll.jpg

100_8242roll.jpg

100_8244roll.jpg

100_8246roll.jpg

100_8252roll.jpg

3 1/2"next to a 2 3/4" :thumbsup:
100_8253size.jpg

Now I like that,at what step do you add the glue.
I bet that would hold in any buffer if used and would not have to use finger nail polish to seal the case tight.

Originally Posted By: GrizleyHunterNow I like that,at what step do you add the glue.
I just run a bead around the top when I'm finished, I'll do 25 at a time.

Those loads look great jetman!
thumbup.gif

When I use to reload lead shotgun coyote loads I think I had as much fun reloading them as I did shooting them.

For the small coyotes in the country I hunt the lead BBB and lead T shot worked great.

Those are some great looking loads. The loads in the Cheddite hull came un crimped after a while.

A good pattering load in a 2 3/4" Fiochii hull is 35g of Blue dot with a Winchester Red wad with 32 pellets of #4 buck(1 1/2 oz)...very tight at 40 yards with very little expense.

Those F pellets do a job on coyotes, I just happen to have a mold for #4 buck.

Jetman, that is one heck of a job you are doing there!

Could you post some pics of your patterns for us? 40,50, AND 60 yds...those F buck pellets really carry the freight!

Originally Posted By: coleridgeHow much if any buffer are you using?

I'm not using any, it didn't seam to make a difference, If I load #4 buck I can see a differance...

YES since that post 4 years ago...
I have changed to "Steel" powder.
I got the load from the BPI "Ugly coyote" Manual.
I want to say there around 1350 fps If I remember right.

Pass on something that I started doing that helped me stack the Ni. Coated# 4 bk. Bolted a 9/16 deep well socket to the reloader carefully push inside hull just far enough down as the buckshot will be.
Bumps the I.D. .010" makes more room for Teflon wrap. Try it let me know what ya think. My socket O.D is .771
Still loads in my shotgun fine.

Originally Posted By: Duane davenport Pass on something that I started doing that helped me stack the Ni. Coated# 4 bk. Bolted a 9/16 deep well socket to the reloader carefully push inside hull just far enough down as the buckshot will be.
Bumps the I.D. .010" makes more room for Teflon wrap. Try it let me know what ya think. My socket O.D is .771
Still loads in my shotgun fine.

Interesting thought.

Do you use Teflon wraps?
If so are they in one piece after being shot? I was wondering I think the gas ports ripping them up in my. 935 Mossberg.
Any thoughts on this?

I roll crimp all my waterfowl loads as I shoot 7/8 oz of ITX shot in 2.5" hulls for my old Euro hammer guns.

My 2.5" 16ga coyote loads get roll crimped also 1 oz NP BB's. 16ga roll crimped 2.5" coyote load left, factory 2 3/4" fold crimp right. Roll crimping the 2.5" gives me the capacity of a 2 3/4" fold crimped hull.

And they work well in my old drilling.

I also roll crimp my 2 3/4" coyote loads for my combo guns 1 1/4 oz NP BB's. Again they work well.

I've never had to glue any of the crimps, once rolled they hold very well if you have enough material for a full roll.

Back