Thinkin about a CS24c. Have Questions

jk2paintworx

I have a Fury that I have been using for several years and I have been quite happy with it other than sound quality really drops off at higher volume. I have hunted with a buddy that uses a cs24 and it sounds clearer to me.
Is this true or just my imagination?

The remote on the CS24 seems much better as well. I like the way the sounds are in categories. I find myself scrolling through a bunch of sounds to get to what I want on my fury. However. Another buddy has a shockwave with the same tx1000 remote and it seems to eat batteries. My fury remote batteries last all season easily.
Any issues with battery life on the TX1000?

My fury charges up by plugging the charger into the port on the front of the call.
Do you have to remove the batteries from a CS24 to charge em?

Is the CS24 a worthwhile upgrade??

If your sound quality is decreasing at higher volumes this could be battery related (batteries or battery holder) or it could be a speaker going bad. Both the CS24 and Fury play 24 bit audio files so the quality of sound should be the same. You will however get more volume from the CS24.

The TX1000 has a full color display and also the keypad has buttons that light up. If the settings are maxed out at 100% on each item you will drain your batteries very quickly. We generally recommend that you set up the brightness on each to be suitable for the time of day you are hunting. The lower the percentage the longer the batteries will last in the remote control.

The CS24C does not have an internal charging jack. You would have to purchase an external tray style charger or one of the welded battery packs offered through FOXPRO. You could always consider purchasing something like the Fusion if the remote control is all you are after. If you are looking for both the upgraded remote and a louder call then the CS24C for the money is a good deal. Hope this information helps!

If i was going to buy a new caller, i would choose the CS24 all day, or maybe a shockwave.

I have a prairie blaster and it's all it's hyped up to be, plus heavy.. It can easily drown out a Fury with its volume.

I have friends with all the other versions and one day will get a new one, but at this point think you are onto a call that would be great. IMO

I like the fusion too but one of the other features I like about the CS is the way you can prop it up in sagebrush or tree... The chassis style calls like my fury seem heavy and require a tree or post to elevate. My fury has a welded foxpro bat pack and the drop in sound quality is only when I push itbin hard wind. Normal call volume is fine. It really is a great call and I will most likely keep it until I am convinced the CS is better.
I will be getting a welded bat pack if I get the CS. Do you simply pull the pack and plug it into the charger? I assume that the fury charger won't charge the bat pack.

I find the Fusion much easier to hang, but I keep a quick release strap through the handle openings. Most of the time, I use the small tripod though and have a hanger attached for the SP60 speaker.

As far as charging batteries, I think you are always better off charging your batteries outside of your ecaller.

I was in the exact same position you are in a few months ago. I really debated between the CS24C and the Shockwave. I think I would have been just as happy with the CS24 but ended up with the Shockwave. In the end I thought I needed the FoxFusion the Shockwave has. It really is a cool feature. The TX1000 remote is a hundred times better than the one for my Fury! It was worth the upgrade just for the remote in my opinion.

My buddy has a shockwave and I feel like that's the best call out there, but.... It is a little bigger than what I want. I travel lite with a AGC chest pack and a foam folding seat that I tuck the call in when walking in to the stand. The fusion would be my 2nd choice but for some reason I am drawn to the CS24.
Is there any info on new Foxpro Calls/Remotes? I'm sure that the minute I buy a new call there will be something brand new that I should have waited for.

The Shockwave, Fusion, and CS24C, have been the best there is for the last few years. I don't see anything in the works better than a FoxPro with the TX1000 remote. The remote is the way you interact with the caller-it's very important. Bought my Fusion with SP60 speaker and would not hesitate to buy either of the three above today.

I have both the cs24c and the shockwave. When its windy or open/rolling terrain I use the cs24c, otherwise the shockwave gets used. I like mixing sounds playing on it when I need to change it up sometimes.

I use both quite a bit. Both plenty loud and plenty clear. The cs24c is a straight up work horse of a call. Simple compact design that plain works. I don't know of another call on the market that fits most predator calling situations so nicely

I have a Fusion now, had a CS24B and loved it. The CS24C with the TX-1000 remote would be even better. I really don't use the few features it does not have.

I also have the Fusion. Best caller I have ever had. I like that it is so small yet very loud and on a very windy day if I need the extra volume I take an external speaker out with me. With that combo it's hard to beat. Like everyone else said the remote is very good and it doesn't eat through the batteries that bad at all. I call a lot and I might have to change the batteries once maybe twice a season and I hunt probably at least 7 or 8 months out of the year.

If you can afford the CS24C, just go for it. Don't even think twice. It is totally worth it. I owned the Foxpro Inferno and wanted to smash the remote to pieces on many occasions. The TX1000 remote is a God send.

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxBadDog. I like the tripod idea. Do you carry that setup to all of your stands?

Thanks man. Yes, I carry it to all my sets. It's really light and easy to carry. My rifle gets slinged over my back, and I just throw the caller over my shoulder. Never had any issues.

Back