You can sleep when you are dead.

skinney

Director
Out of pure experience, I've learned when you are hot, stay hot, keep the momentum rolling, don't stop.

IMG_20170404_180955_913_zpsnntnnevc.jpg

"Death often comes in pairs for us."
Over the past month in territory uncharted for us, we've documented over 12 doubles filmed in pitch black using thermals. 4 of which were killed simultaneously on the same screen with 2 shooters.

The past 3 nights have lead to 7 hours of total sleep, all of which we saw the sunrise. Normally we don't kill this late in the season, but with the hi-end equipment we are currently running, and the amount of Ranchers including ourselves who want the Coyotes thinned around the calving lots, make no mistake, when they come into the cattle, we will find them, and we will kill them.

I'm gonna try my best to give all of this footage the credit it deserves, with over 50 killed (filmed with thermal) in the past month under the cover of darkness, hunting them on foot, sometimes going for miles... Should be good, unless we decide to make it 100 confirmed.

Originally Posted By: BowhuntGreat job and keep after them. Which thermal sights are you using?

IR Hunter MK III 60mm
REAP IR
For scanning and location.
IR M300 Patrol helmet mounted
IR M250XR

There is no doubt, you guys produce GREAT, EXCELLENT footage, and NOBODY can take that away from you, and Im certainly not trying. Im just curious as to why all the extra effort to appear more like navy seals, than coyote hunters? Please dont take this the wrong way, im not attacking/mocking you, you guys make great vids, but just curious as to the approach to look more like special forces, rather than coyote hunters.

Originally Posted By: CaliCoyoteCaller but just curious as to the approach to look more like special forces, rather than coyote hunters.

I can help you out by your last sentence as stated above, our "approach" is to not look like anyone, but ourselves, we use equipment that works, we use what allows us to take hundreds of coyotes in 4 months on foot. We use equipment most traditional hunters don't. Just because you may use a factory over the counter 500 dollar rifle with a 200 dollar piece of glass which I would say is traditional to the average hunter, and I use a 4K dollar custom, with a 3500 Optic, which is much more rare to the average hunter, just because my 22-250 has an AMU contour, DBM, and a Manners T5A, it now looks like a "sniper rifle"... Go figure.

We were offered a gig with Mossy Oak a few months ago, would that be a better look for "Coyote Hunters"?

Not to be a dick but the above ? isn't for you to decide, it's for me to decide, as it's my lifestyle and my job, whether it's those in the industry we work with, or it's something I don't think will work as well for us.

A 1/2 an hour entertaining answer to your question will be on the Sportsmans channel next week, as aired on an episode with NightCrew. Everything from our day job, to us literally going to the state capital and passing legislation so that we can use equipment that isn't issued... If you did what we did, you would understand.

Glad to see I am not the only one who gets tired of hearing that chit skinny. Anyone that sees my set up says the same dang thing....HAHA what are you hunting that looks silly. Well I am sorry, but I don't give a rats azz how I look at night, or day for that matter. My head mounted PVS14, 20lb 22-250 I had built, Manfrotto, and call put dogs on the ground. How many did you kill?? That's my typical answer. My close friends had a rise for about 1 minute when I got into all of this, until they took a spin behind my gear. Then it was a different mind frame.

You want to hunt with a mack truck, grandpas H&R single shot, or $10K+ gear...so be it. Just have fun and do your own thing. Ill do mine.

Back