Thermal or night vision that is the question.

yoteblaster

Ok if you had to choose between a armasight nemesis 6x gen 2+ an an Atn Thor 2-8 thermal which would you pick for open prairie coyote hunting

I have the nemesis, so I would chose it. Not many people here have good things to say about ATN, but I also have thermal scanner.

For prairie dog hunting, I'd go nemesis with a decent illuminator plus a handheld spotter thermal. Prairie dogs are kinda little and you can't be as accurate with thermal as you can with nv in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterOk if you had to choose between a armasight nemesis 6x gen 2+ an an Atn Thor 2-8 thermal which would you pick for open prairie coyote hunting

For open prairie coyote hunting, you don't have any other options?

Originally Posted By: mdmorrowFor prairie dog hunting, I'd go nemesis with a decent illuminator plus a handheld spotter thermal. Prairie dogs are kinda little and you can't be as accurate with thermal as you can with nv in my opinion.

i got lost with this answer. who is hunting prairie dogs with thermal or nv?

Well that makes more sense. I read prairie dog like little prairie dog that lives in a hole. Yeah disregard my answer.

^^that range I'd look at the new Pulsar Apex XQ38. It's 2500. Otherwise you're looking at ATN or another new Pulsar thermal, the RXQ30V. That is if you're wanting gun mounted thermal. Another good option is a handheld thermal and a Sightmark Photon or something else in the 500-1000 price range to shoot with.

I wouldn't even attempt to hunt coyotes at night without thermal of some kind. Imo a thermal handheld is a must. Scanning with a gun all night would take the fun out of it and make it work. If you can find them even something like a photon is sufficient for gun mounted optics.
Im thinking for me trail xq50 to go along with my xd38a for this coming season. I would get a decent hand held thermal and a photon or vampire to start with then you will know what you like and you can upgrade to thermal on your gun if you wish to later.

Last edited:
Look at the Pulsar Apex XQ38 for $2499.97 or even the Pulsar Core RXQ30V for $1899.97.

We can order either one for you and both would be a much better choice than anything else in that price range.

Let us know if we can help.

If you are going apex figure a battery pack into the cost cuz them babies will devour cr123a's and cost more in the end! Been there!

Last edited:
Back