Vortex 1x6 Stroke Eagle

jmeddy

Any body have experience with these. Thinking of putting one on my Marrochi combo gun to replace a Leupold vx2 1x4. Reason being I hunt mostly at night & like lighted reticles.

Originally Posted By: K-22hornet.Take a look through one at low power, lot's of distortion, or 'fish eye' in that scope.

Mine is clear. I don't use it as a tactical scope with both eyes open, I have it on one of my coyote rigs and it works like a dream!!!

Originally Posted By: K-22hornet.Take a look through one at low power, lot's of distortion, or 'fish eye' in that scope.

I have that in my 2-7 Diamondback. When I called Vortex they said it is normal for the low power scopes. I would like to look through some other brands because I don't like it.

Reb it is common but not normal. I have a couple of Weaver V-3's(1-3x20mm) one has some fisheye on 1x the other two do not. One of my Leupolds 1-4x20mm scopes has some ever so slight, it's a VX-1, none on the VariX-II or VX-2. Neither my Nikon Monarch 1.25-4.5x20 or my Bushnell Elite 4200 1.25-4x24 have any fish eye. In 1.5-6x40/42's Bausch & Lomb, Burris, Alpen, and Sightron no fisheye at all. I did have a Bushnell XLT 1.5-6x42 that had fisheye at the lowest power. In 2-7 scopes I've only have had 2 a Weaver VR-7 and a Burris FF-II and neither had it.

In all those that had the fisheye none were bad enough to make them unusable at the lowest power, it was just at the outer third or less of the image and it didn't cloud the image it just distorted it a little, if you were focused on a coyote under the crosshairs you could still readily see a second one sneak in from the side or discern what was ahead of a moving coyote.

I think you find it more on low end scopes and if is more than just at the outer edge I'd send it back for a replacement and if they tell it is normal a refund.

Back