Bushnell Scopes

RugerHawg

What do yall think Bushnell scopes vs other scopes? I know they will not be as good as a Leupold or higher end Vortex. But, for less money what are yall's thoughts on them. Thanks, again!

Like anything else stay away from the lower end models, go with the mid range and up. Remember, GM made two "Vetts" a Corvette, and a Chevette. I used Banners years ago, and they were pretty good for short range woods hunting. The warranty was good.
Bushnell scopes are built to spec, unlike a lot of other cheapo products.

I have used them and they work.

That said, the best advice on this given to me by an old gunsmith who said to buy the best I could afford. He said that if I couldn't afford it to wait and save- in time I'd be happier with the result. He was right.

I have a bushnell fixed 4 power with a post and crosshair that I've had since 1969 on my 7mm rem. killed hundreds of animals, and spent 30 plus years in a scabbard on a horse. It has been rolled on, dumped in a lake and generally used.
If I needed something dead today, I'd use that rifle and scope with complete confidence.
I've had a few other Bushnell scopes and a bino or two that performed well. Their service has always been very good when I abused the gear.

I do have other brands, but like someone said already, buy the best you caan afford.

I just bought a Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP a couple months ago for $225 for my Ruger Hawkeye V/T 6.5 CM. I bought it at the suggestion of a gunsmith that routinely shoots 1000+ yards. And it is an impressive scope. It gathers light well and is plenty clear for my taste. The only complaint I have with it is that, while you definitely know when the turrets click, they're a little mushy. But still, for $225 I feel like it's a steal.

The Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 is one of my favorite scope for longer range stuff and still have enough FOV for close in work.

I had a 6500 Elite and liked it. Currently I prefer Nikon to Bushnell. Clarity seems better and the reticle options are better. Vortex has also impressed me as of late.

I have a couple Japan made Bushnells, an Elite 4-16 and Elite 3200 4-12, both with doa reticle and I really like both for hunting scopes. 2 of my favorites for sure. I also have one of the AR line of scopes and it holds zero but I don't look forward to using it much. Not at all on the same level.

I hunted in the mountains of B.C. Elk. sheep, goats moose, mule deer grizzly, black bears.
I still have all my gear, pack saddles, horses etc. Never thought I'd say it but I'm too old to go now.........but you never know.Still have a string of horses as well.

Depends on the models and what features you want. I have two Elite Tacticals (LRS and DMR2) and I prefer them to anything in that price range. FFP and mils with the G2 and G3 reticles. I think any of the lower models would be comparable to any other lower model scope.

No experience with the latest scopes. I liked the older ones (in 70's & 80's). I did have 2 different range finders. They didn't perform very well compared to others in the same price range. So I never looked at Bushnell products after that. Rudy

Back