Helping my son look for a decent 223 calling rifle

Originally Posted By: rudymontana rickt300 My reference to magazine is when a rifle loads thru the bolt area. Usually 4 to 5 rounds. A clip detaches and is inserted after it it loaded? My Mini has a clip and that is the only available method.
After watching the video Howa does refer to it a magazine. Maybe I should call loading thru the bolt area as a magazine well?

What is the right description? I can always learn something new! Rudy

to see the difference

search *pictures of ammunition clip*

then *pictures of ammunition magazine*

I agree, and would prefer a blind magazine but the action is pretty small and my fat fingers would have a hard time top feeding rounds into the action. A "clip" refers to a strip of metal that holds the cartridges in a line to make it easier/faster to load cartridges into a magazine. A magazine can be top fed through the action or detachable like the Mini or the AR15. As for the Youtube video's, they mention a magazine issue that was fixed for free, I have none of those problems so I can only say HOWA must have fixed the issue before I bought the two I have.

Last edited:
Rudy montana. a clip is used to load a magazine so sad that Shooters can be so misinformed.
Oh and if mpfd says mini howas are crap, well then, they are crap.;

Dave

I have the ruger American in both 223 and 556 they are both tack drivers I also have 8 other RA'a in assorted calibers, all shoot lights out.

Dave

Check into the Savage .223 Rifles,they have a few newer Models that are already threaded for a Suppressor and You can get them in the plain Black and You can Hydro dip or Camo them with what ever Camo or Design You want.The Axis II has the adjustable Accu-Trigger...just not sure if it's available with the threaded barrel?Go to thier Site and browse some of thier Rifles...I have the Savage Axis XP Camo with the Scope Package in a .223 that's very accurate and puts the Coyotes down well with the Hornady 55 grain V-max bullets!

Originally Posted By: SqueezeOriginally Posted By: JTPinTX
For those with the Tikka, what is the stock like on them?

I have an early version T3 Lite, with a 1:12 twist barrel, before Tikka went to 1:8 twist, and the stock is decent as plastic factory stocks go. I have never felt the need to swap it out, or even bed it. The rifle shoots sub-MOA and even a number of sub-.5MOA groups, with the 50 gr. VMax loads developed for it. Hence never feeling the need to to anything with the stock.
grin.gif

The new T3x models have an improved stock, with a replaceable palm swell...But the price goes up, as well. At my gun store, they were running specials on the T3 Lite models, filling up the rack with T3x models, so now might be a good time to buy a T3 Lite, if one can live with the stock.

Squeeze

I agree with all that. I have been known to bed a gun before I shoot it, but never felt the need with the two t3 lite that I have.

Back