Question for Mr. Skinny

spiderman

James , I know you and many of your friends have been /are in the military . My question is what does Uncle Sam outfit you with in terms of suppressors ? Are they off the shelf , super secret stealth tech. , or what . If you have to kill me if you tell me , then it is non of my business but it is something that crossed my mind. Oh , Oh !!! there is a knock at my door.......... Thanks Jim

I am not Skinney but have seen a few different cans being run in the military. I had a KAC can but have seen guys with surefire, and aac too.

Originally Posted By: spiderman James , I know you and many of your friends have been /are in the military . My question is what does Uncle Sam outfit you with in terms of suppressors ? Are they off the shelf , super secret stealth tech. , or what . If you have to kill me if you tell me , then it is non of my business but it is something that crossed my mind. Oh , Oh !!! there is a knock at my door.......... Thanks Jim

Jim,
I'm not military, non of my guys are! We just do this for a living, and have been very blessed and fortunate to aid in the design of most of the gear that we run, including the suppressors! As a matter of fact, I don't prefer much of anything the military is using... regarding cans, Surfire, KAC, IMHO for hunting and precision work I wouldn't use them.

Sorry James , I just took it for granted , I guess , that you had military background . Anyway ,just was wondering about the Gov. with deep pockets and using the best (I hope ) for our troupes that they might have some super duper technologies in their set ups . Thanks for your answer . Still waiting for my first suppressor . Purchased July 12 ,last year and hoping to get it within a month . Hope I didn't just jinx that . Jim

Originally Posted By: spiderman Sorry James , I just took it for granted , I guess , that you had military background . Anyway ,just was wondering about the Gov. with deep pockets and using the best (I hope ) for our troupes that they might have some super duper technologies in their set ups . Thanks for your answer . Still waiting for my first suppressor . Purchased July 12 ,last year and hoping to get it within a month . Hope I didn't just jinx that . Jim

No worries... and don't kid yourself, ALL of us hunters have kit available that's much higher end than what most think, none of our gear is issued, it's custom built, tailored, or chosen to fit our application, it's tough to compete with that in any industry... If you have any ?'s on anything we use or how we use it, feel free to PM anytime.

Military doesn't put much into cans. The ones I heard in the military were no better that what I have. James is right, military gear isn't what it's cracked up to be

I have used everything in uncle's arsenal and IMO for precision/hunting there are WAY better options. ALL of the cans the military is using is way overbored which equates to LOUD! They have to be to ensure clearance for marginal run of the mill thread jobs on milspec barrels, debris and FA use to help with heat dissipation. Most systems are also not that great on repeatability and or accuracy compared to DT or TOMB style mounts.

As for our troops and equipment, I have to say that if you are 11 or 18 series in the army your very well taken care of. The only gripe I had in all my tours was the availability of quality ammo, I.e. MK262, M118LR, and DU rounds for the M82.
I spent my entire career in the Infantry so I can't speak for other MOS's and combat support.

19D here and I won't say we didn't have good gear. Just could have had more effective equipment for the missions we had. Ammo being a big part of the problem

Back