Aggervated with Armasight's poor customer service... What other options do you all recommend?

johncraddock445

I'm looking to pick up a cheap NV scope to setup a loaner gun for my buddies to use when they tag along with me. I have a Armasight vampire that I am very pleased with so I figured I would give them a call and get some information on thier gen 1 scopes. While I was on the line with them I figured it would be a good time to let them know that the rubber eye piece on the back of the vampire had fallin off. I've read online that this is a very common issue. The rep also told me this was quite common and recommended that I either zip tie it or use a rubber band to hold it in place.I kind felt like this was a nickle answer to and dime problem but I didn't say anything... He then asked if I would like to buy another one and have it shipped? I was kind of caught off guard being that they knew they had an issue with this and their solution is to have their customer that just bought a $800 scope to spend more money to to replace what should have never happened in the 1st place... I asked if he really felt like I (the customer) should have to buy another being that they were aware of the problem? He explained that this is why they sell them at a very cheap price.
I never even bothered to ask how much the piece was (have to imagine it was under $20) I told him not to worry about it and ended the call. It's just the principle at this point... I can only imagine what kind of service I would receive if I had a real issue with one of their products. Blows my mind they tell customers to use zip ties to hold the scope together and then deny all responsibility of the problem....
(Rant over)
So I still need to pick up another scope and haven't decided if I want to spend 1500 or so to upgrade and just use the vampire as a loaner or to keep using my vampire and spend 500 on a loaner scope...
Regardless which route I take... my next purchase will not be another Amrasight product unless I can convince myself this is just a fluke and a silly policy in a overall solid company... so which other companies would you all recommend taking a look at for a dedicate NV scope?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johncraddock445 I'm looking to pick up a cheap NV scope to setup a loaner gun for my buddies to use when they tag along with me. I have a Armasight vampire that I am very pleased with so I figured I would give them a call and get some information on thier gen 1 scopes. While I was on the line with them I figured it would be a good time to let them know that the rubber eye piece on the back of the vampire had fallin off. I've read online that this is a very common issue. The rep also told me this was quite common and recommended that I either zip tie it or use a rubber band to hold it in place.I kind felt like this was a nickle answer to and dime problem but I didn't say anything... He then asked if I would like to buy another one and have it shipped? I was kind of caught off guard being that they knew they had an issue with this and their solution is to have their customer that just bought a $800 scope to spend more money to to replace what should have never happened in the 1st place... I asked if he really felt like I (the customer) should have to buy another being that they were aware of the problem? He explained that this is why they sell them at a very cheap price.
I never even bothered to ask how much the piece was (have to imagine it was under $20) I told him not to worry about it and ended the call. It's just the principle at this point... I can only imagine what kind of service I would receive if I had a real issue with one of their products. Blows my mind they tell customers to use zip ties to hold the scope together and then deny all responsibility of the problem....
(Rant over)
So I still need to pick up another scope and haven't decided if I want to spend 1500 or so to upgrade and just use the vampire as a loaner or to keep using my vampire and spend 500 on a loaner scope...
Regardless which route I take... my next purchase will not be another Amrasight product unless I can convince myself this is just a fluke and a silly policy in a overall solid company... so which other companies would you all recommend taking a look at for a dedicate NV scope? I had a Nemesis Quick Silver 2+ White Phosphors go bad they sent me a brand new scope.

That's comforting... As I said... I really like this vampire and think it would be tough to beat for the money... but after today's interaction it would be awfully easy to spend my money else where. I have read plenty of negatives about armasight CS in the past but I figured when Flir bought the company it would get cleaned up...

I've been holding off on thermal due to the FLIR/Armasight relationship and the poor C/S and the Trijicon/IR Defense acquisition. I really want a REAP-IR, but may go with a Pulsar Trail XP50, because Pulsar seems to be the only stable option with good customer service.

Armasight's CS has been very good at least for the few issues we have had to deal with for our customers. However, it may change now that Flir owns them. I will be the first to drop them from our product lineup if they can't service our sales. Kevin

From another site:
People are going to learn real quick that thermal is not like NV, where essentially NV tech 10 years ago is still pretty good stuff. I compare thermal to the days of the Pentium 1 computer. Hot stuff.....until Pentium 2 shows up, then nobody wants Pentium 1. In 5 years or less, Walmart will be selling Flir products in the electronics section and people selling 8k Flir T50s, will still have them.

and this:
I love thermal tech but it seems like a very volatile time to be into it. I'm going to stick with ITT for awhile and wait for things to settle down. I think the computer analogy is exactly right. With that said, I'm interested to learn more about this new one.

Absolutely.

Last edited:
Love and use all my FLIR gear all the time, have not had to deal with CS since I never have any problems with any kit since I first got my T-50 back in 2010.

Four%20Flirs.jpg

Originally Posted By: cmatera I've been holding off on thermal due to the FLIR/Armasight relationship and the poor C/S and the Trijicon/IR Defense acquisition. I really want a REAP-IR, but may go with a Pulsar Trail XP50, because Pulsar seems to be the only stable option with good customer service.

I can tell you from experience.... Buy what you want the first time and don't look back. I use IRD/Trijicon products and I have no regrets.

If I have any problems I am sure I will be able to get them serviced.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupLove and use all my FLIR gear all the time, have not had to deal with CS since I never have any problems with any kit since I first got my T-50 back in 2010.

Hey Pup..... seeing the FLIR pics makes me miss my T70. What an awesome clip-on unit.

Last edited:
Back