Slow winter 2017 for me in Maine

Frank207

To be honest I didnt hit them real hard this winter, traveling for most of the "good part of the season" .. But I did hit a few at some yardage.... First one ws 482 yards ... Seconds was 510 yards ... Third was 436 yards .. First 2 the 243 did the work the last one 556

20171_zpswmagustq.jpg

20172_zpsxircq3yh.jpg

20173_zpsllvcynh2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice shootin'!!
thumbup.gif
What kind of loads are you using in that 243? I'm looking to help a friend tune up his 243 for coyotes.

Thanks, @ niteyote Im a huge Hornady fan but with that 20" light weight carbine in the picture the Fed Fusion 95 gr just crush [beeep] ... I did two of these 243s with BC stocks I prefer the light weight guy over the Heavy Barrel which Im going to sell .. The heavy is a better shooter .. as far as a handload I have not gone there since factory ammo is shooting so good .. If I come up with something I will let ya know .... These are not fur friendly..

Thanks. Yeah, those Hbars and bull barrels are a pain to lug around. I have heard the Fusion is a good round and will suggest it to my friend. No sense trying to reinvent the wheel if they work well. (Saves me some time to get out in the field too. )

As far as fur goes, he said that he just wants something that results in a bang-flop. He has sheep and the coyotes are enjoying lambing season. I think he'd use claymores if he could.

Back