Burger King

Stub2

I took my grandson to Burger King so he could play on their indoor playground. While there I was going to check the Predator Masters Forum. Much to my surprise the WiFi refused to allow me on the site. It doesn't allow access to sport hunting or war game websites. It also doesn't let me check websites that feature guns. I just thought that might interest some of you who are trying to decide where to stop for a burger.

Good information. Never been a fan of Burger King, just one more reason to go to Whataburger.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

To be fair this was a Michigan Burger King. I don't know if this is a nation wide policy for the company. I suppose it is possible that it is just the one store that I was at. Thing is I am not going to give the company any more of my business just so I can find out.

Burger King was already on my no-go list, but that's another solid reason. Surprised how far left a burger joint can get. They are starting to act like they would donate to PETA.

I guess I am way out of touch with politics. I vote but never gave much thought to businesses being political. Coffee places come to my attention a while back as being political but I didn't do business with those people anyway. I wasn't going to spend more for a fancy coffee than I would normally spend on a meal in the first place.
I am not thinking Burger Kings loss of my business will cause much change in their standing on the stock market. I ve never cared much for their food, they never made much off my business in the first place.
I do seem to spend a lot of money in a years time, and it makes me wonder how much of my cash is going to businesses that are against hunting and gun ownership. When I walk up to a business and the sign on their door say "no concealed weapons allowed," I know they don't want my business. But, Now I wonder how many businesses are hiding what they are doing politically.

What a bizarre policy to adopt. Why on earth would they be concerned with what someone looks at on their computer while they eat greasy food?

Bummer cause I kind of like BK. I always used to go there when I was hung over.

Yukon 21 is right on the nose. They have lost my business a couple of years ago as they were all for the gays and Hillary etc. Wont get any more of my money!

I guess I am way behind the curve. I don't know much about the BK connection to politics. What did I miss?

Thanks for posting. I only stop there occasionally. But now I'll make a point to spend my money elsewhere.

You'll understand it better when you know who the owner is. Burger King, Tim Hortons, and Popeyes is majority-owned by the Brazilian private-equity firm 3G Capital, led by the billionaire Jorge Paulo Lemann.

Originally Posted By: fastfossilYukon 21 is right on the nose. They have lost my business a couple of years ago as they were all for the gays and Hillary etc. Wont get any more of my money!
.. +1 .. same, same..

Originally Posted By: fastfossilYukon 21 is right on the nose. They have lost my business a couple of years ago as they were all for the gays and Hillary etc. Wont get any more of my money!

Likewise for Sonic.

I eat at Burger King a lot and have since High School. They are cooked over an open flame and much better than the burgers that are cooked on a grill at McDonalds.

I'm not aware of this policy that you speak of. But if they are blocking my access to certain web sites because the web sites deal in guns or outdoor hunting then I might reconsider going there. But I need to make sure that this story is right and that all the Burger Kings are doing this before I jump on this band wagon. I'll check this out the next time I'm in Burger King for a burger.

They have a special where you get two regular Cheese Burgers, Fries and a drink for about $3.60. Now that's much less than what I pay every where else for just a hamburger. They charge over $6.00 for a burger at the deli I frequent.

I (we) really need to stop eating at these fast food places but their food it so tasty. I need to avoid eating French fries that are cooked in hot oil and then salted to excess. It's not good for people like me with heart disease and high blood pressure. Which is why I don't got to fast food joints that much anymore.

Speaking from the bidness and IT side of this...

It's free wifi. It accesses through an Internet Appliance like a Barracuda. The box has a default set of exclusions to limit liability. They must block a lot of stuff to prevent displaying offensive content. It can be changed but I'm betting they are sticking with the guaranteed safe settings.

I'm retired IT and independent IT consultant.

It's actually not a good idea to connect to any of these fast food or Coffee's places wifi.

The pineapple is a simple device that can be found for under $100 and can be in a back pack and sitting in a locker.

When you walk in to the business your phone will try to automatically connect to the Wifi if that is turned on. when you connect, you will not know this is happening, all web sites you go to, all user names and passwords are collected. NOT MASKED which means that you might as well have written them down and given them to the people running one. It doesn't matter if you are on a HTTPS website it still captures it.

I don't normally connect to free Wi-Fi but wanted to test my local BK after reading here. Sure enough, PM was blocked as a sport hunting site. Store manager wasn't on duty at the time and I haven't had a chance to go back to complain but I won't eat there again unless they change their policy. Somebody in San Francisco may get a warm fuzzy by blocking hunting sites but that won't fly in Oklahoma.

They will soon be completely out of business anyway. Seems like they have to close one every day around here in this chit hole of So Cal. In six years when I retire I'm going to cash out and get the he11 out. Grizz

Well just to ruffle feathers, do you go there to eat or play with your phone? Thats half the problem with people today is their nose is stuck in a cell phone. Turning people and kids into phone zombies.

Back