Ar 6x6.8 shooting surpressed?

zr600

Ok I just got my surpressor and shot it a few times. I adjusted the gas block so it will lock back on an empty mag and feeds. Now my brass is getting really dirty, so is the mag and the rounds in the mag does this sound normal? Any help would be great.

That is all normal. Welcome to the suppressed fray.
smile.gif

Welcome the land of sooty brass! Normal corncob tumbling will not take it all off either but I just live with it. I might get set up for stainless pin tumbling someday.

Ok that's what I was wondering now if I was having a few feeding issues like it would grab the round and chamber it but the bolt didn't go all the way quick little push from forward assist and it was completely chambered this was after firing one round and getting chambered from the mag do I need to maybe open the gas block a hair more then?

Yep, welcome to dirty chambers, BCGs & mags.
Next can I shop for, will feature low back-pressure, just for this reason.
Once the chamber gets dirty (only takes half dozen), feeding becomes an issue.
Its not specific to 6x6.8 either.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARWelcome the land of sooty brass! Normal corncob tumbling will not take it all off either but I just live with it. I might get set up for stainless pin tumbling someday.

The stainless media does a great job on my 6x6.8 brass after shooting suppressed.

Originally Posted By: zr600What's the best way to clean the chamber out?

Get yourself a chamber maid- They are a caliber specific brush for cleaning the chamber.

Not sure if this pertains to this or not. I had a bolt that had a o ring around the extractor spring. It was a pain to chamber quietly with forward assist or it required a full slam shut other times. No failures. It tore up brass very bad. I took it out...

Originally Posted By: MerditHow much do the charging handles designed for suppressed guns help with this situation?

None with dirty brass, they are designed to keep gas out of your face via the charge handle at the back of the gun.

Originally Posted By: MerditHow much do the charging handles designed for suppressed guns help with this situation?

As said none with dirty brass but good with the gas out of your face. I have switched a couple of mine over to the Geissele super charging handle and they work great.

Instead of corn cob media, go to petsmart/petco and get a 10# bag of the lizard litter. It's crushed walnut hulls. Works much better for honestly cleaning the brass and the granules are small enough that they won't clog primer pockets and flash holes. I put a healthy squirting of foaming scrubbing bubbles into the tub as well, right before I turn on the tumbler. Let it run a few hours and enjoy.

Back