243 NOSLER BRASS OPINIONS

BCD 45

I just acquired a Cooper Phoenix in 243 Win. I've never had or loaded for a 243. My neighbor sold his Howa 243 & he wants to sell me his Nosler 243 brass (300 new with the same lot#). Also, I've never used Nosler brass on anything. Is it good brass? Easy to work with? How's accuracy with it compared to Lapua? I'm really not interested on how many times I can load it. Thanks for any help.

Jim D

Good consistency...pretty decent brass. It is just too soft for my liking. It is also more expensive than Lapua, so I don't see any more in my future...MOF, I only have Lapua for our 243s currently.

However, depending on the deal he want to give you, it is likely worth it.

I have 100 rounds that I load for the 243 in Nosler brass. It is better more consistent brass than Winchester or Remington. But when calculated on a per piece cost it is just as expensive as Lapua and I would rather have the Lapua.

It is very good brass if the price is right.

He wants to sell all at one time, $50 per 100 = $150.00. I don't think I can pass. Is new Lapua less prep work?

Jim D

Originally Posted By: Texas SwiftyHe wants to sell all at one time, $50 per 100 = $150.00. I don't think I can pass. Is new Lapua less prep work?

Jim D

Great price. I'd run it for that price.

That's about half price so I would run it too, for sure. I've used both Nosler and Lapua. The Nosler stuff is definitely superior to the more common brass out there, probably the next best to Lapua in my view. But I've used Nosler in several calibers (243, 22-250, 204 ruger). If they are truly new, expect very good consistency and no real need for case prep on the first loading.

Back