So what will be next?

SnowmanMo

Administrator
Staff member
I happened to be chatting with a friend of mine who currently owns an Optimus about how 41F and the election changed the landscape of firearms and suppressor sales and an interesting question came up that I would like to pose to you. What's next in the world of suppressors?

Regardless of how the HPA turns out, what will the suppressor industry come up with next that will help to bring their slumping sales back up? Any thoughts, gossip, etc?

I think if the HPA passed, which doesn't look good, you would see a bunch of integrally silenced guns come out. 22lr for sure.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI think if the HPA passed, which doesn't look good, you would see a bunch of integrally silenced guns come out. 22lr for sure.

Now that would be amazing.. I would think that people would love to be able to get a 10/22 barrel with a carbon fiber overlay that would act as the suppressor. keeping to the same size as a bull barrel, with some vertical ports to off-set barrel jump.

I would even bet that if someone could make an 18" or 20" titanium pencil barrel with a 1:8 or 9 twist AR barrel with a carbon fiber over build doing the same, people would be all over that. (keeping weight the same or close, not adding barrel length with a screw on suppressor and still fits inside floating hand guards I would think would sell really well.) I know if it was 500-1000 i would be really tempted to buy it.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: 204 ARI think if the HPA passed, which doesn't look good, you would see a bunch of integrally silenced guns come out. 22lr for sure.

Now that would be amazing.. I would think that people would love to be able to get a 10/22 barrel with a carbon fiber overlay that would act as the suppressor. keeping to the same size as a bull barrel, with some vertical ports to off-set barrel jump.

I would even bet that if someone could make an 18" or 20" titanium pencil barrel with a 1:8 or 9 twist AR barrel with a carbon fiber over build doing the same, people would be all over that. (keeping weight the same or close, not adding barrel length with a screw on suppressor and still fits inside floating hand guards I would think would sell really well.) I know if it was 500-1000 i would be really tempted to buy it.

That would be something. I have an Airforce Condor SS .25cal air rifle that is fully suppressed all the way back to the chamber and it is incredibly quiet. It sure would be neat to see just what that would be like out of a firearm.

Back