Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 4x12x50

buddy of mine has the whiskey 3 in 3-9x40 and its a nice scope for the price, I would compare it to the Nikon prostaff as far as the glass, the turrets are pretty good with good clicks.

Just wondering if anyone has any more input on Whiskey3 scopes? They seem to be the cheapest scopes with a single illuminated dot from a recognizable name. I have an AR I'm looking for something with an illuminated reticle (preferably not a giant blinding target obscuring horseshoe) that costs less than $300. The 3-9 with Hellfire reticle seams to be the cheapest, but the 4-12 gives a wider zoom range for not much more money. There isn't even very many Amazon.com customer reviews on them. Don't really want to pay $400+ for a Leupold firedot.

I compared them in the store with a couple of other scopes and was totally underwhelmed with their clarity. They just seemed cheap too as far as the material and the overall impression. But, like anything, if they hold zero you will probably shoot well with them.

How about the vortex crossfire 2 3x9x50 vbrite ret? No experience with this personally, but many seem to like it.

Back