Fiocchi 204 40grain V-max

nd_rice

First post disclaimer...

I just wanted to give people a heads up that I was shooting this factory loaded ammo and noticed the primers were flattening when I was shooting them. I even had a couple primers back out of the case a little. I am assuming they must be "max loads"? I am new to reloading and have been watching for this in my reloads and have never seen it until now. The rifle is a Savage 12FV and it was in the mid 60's when I was shooting and this was probably a 10 shot string.

I have shot lots of their 223 50 grain V-max in my RRA Predator Pursuit with no problems other than it seems a little dirty but still accurate and cheap.

Any thoughts or concerns?

I've been working on different loads for this rifle and was just shooting up this Fiocchi ammo to get the brass and none of the ammo I loaded flattened the primers or had the primers back out at all.

I've shot the Hornday super performance 32 grain V-max and everything looked fine with that. Only the Fiocchi has done this.

Maybe pictures tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: nd_riceI've been working on different loads for this rifle and was just shooting up this Fiocchi ammo to get the brass and none of the ammo I loaded flattened the primers or had the primers back out at all.

I've shot the Hornday super performance 32 grain V-max and everything looked fine with that. Only the Fiocchi has done this.

Maybe pictures tomorrow.

Be careful when reloading that stuff. The 223 50 grainers shoot great out of my AR. I almost snapped a decapping pin when resizing the Fiocchi brass. Many of the flash holes wre waaaaaay off center. Ended up throwing about half of them away.

Back