Look at the HPA, Not looking good from these.

Good realistic approach to how this will likely all play out. It's hard to want to drop the amount of cash most centerfire suppressors cost and not see it for almost a year. I hope the wait times improve.

Great article and sadly true. We know that perception is NOT reality but try explaining that to the public or to politicians. One of my fears is how irresponsible hunters/shooters get us all labeled. Sadly, if the HPA passes, I could see some "special" individual getting nailed because they decided that they could shoot their suppressed firearm in their backyard since obviously no one would hear them. I know that these kinds of shooters do not accurately portray or represent us but we are all found guilty by simple association.

The ATF just needs to kick into gear and re-allocate some resources to getting the wait times back down into something approaching reasonable.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoGreat article and sadly true. We know that perception is NOT reality but try explaining that to the public or to politicians. One of my fears is how irresponsible hunters/shooters get us all labeled. Sadly, if the HPA passes, I could see some "special" individual getting nailed because they decided that they could shoot their suppressed firearm in their backyard since obviously no one would hear them. I know that these kinds of shooters do not accurately portray or represent us but we are all found guilty by simple association.

The ATF just needs to kick into gear and re-allocate some resources to getting the wait times back down into something approaching reasonable.

I agree, on the D.A's out there that will do Stupid Crap.

When I started in this business 10yrs ago: Form 3's took 10-14 days, Form 4's and form 1's where 3-4 months.
Would love to see those time frames.
the ATF is starting to slow on form 3's again. Not sure why, other then they are trying to get thru the last of the pre41F forms???

One can hope. I know that I got my form in just at the very end of the deadline so hopefully the log jam will break loose.

My feeling is that sales would have dropped significantly after 41f took effect and dropped again when Trump won, with people hoping for the HPA passing. So we will see if wait times go back to normal again soon. If not I feel it's ATF dragging their feet but I have no evidence to back that up.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOne can hope. I know that I got my form in just at the very end of the deadline so hopefully the log jam will break loose.

I got mine back from the fist week of July so you should be soon.

Back