Got Canadians??

Redfrog is the hunterhost a simple matter of the non-resident pairing up with a resident that has purchased a host licence? it's legal for the resident to be hunting as well, correct?

I hunter hosted a distant relative from Minnesota (in 2013) Being a 2nd cousin of my late dad and a 3rd cousin of mine, he wasn't considered a close relative so that changed the application conditions. Being an Non resident alien also changed the application. He had to purchase a licence for coyote/wolf and a WIN card. I had to have my hunter host application into F & W prior to the 3rd week of August. ( this was only for hosting non resident aliens).
I couldn't host him again till 2016 but he has indicated that he is coming back! So I'm "out" for hosting anyone else in 2016 I believe.
A pic. of me and my cousin Murray with his 3rd Alberta Coyote on day 3.

WOW! except for the coyote and the two young guys that pic looks like it could be my yard with the snow and the horses etc.
thumbup.gif

That hunter host can mean jumping through some hoops for sure. It is easier for me to sign up residents as guides. The down side is they can't hunt on the day they guide.

the law is silly.

A guy from Saskatchewan needs a guide to hunt Alberta coyotes, but I can sign him up as a guide. he could then guide another Sask hunter, but couldn't hunt on the day he is guiding. If the second SAsk hunter was also signed up as a guide, they could take turns guiding each other on alternate days.

Neither of these guys could guide as a hunter host, but either could be a licensed guide if I signed them up.

If we are going to do a hunt here, it would be next fall/winter. Hunter hosts would have to be in place by August.I'll be discussing it with the other directors at our convention in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Crossfox73Redfrog is the hunterhost a simple matter of the non-resident pairing up with a resident that has purchased a host licence? it's legal for the resident to be hunting as well, correct?

Correct. but if the non resident is from Outside Canada, you must apply for the permit before Aug.There are a few other rules as well

ok, thats what i thought
i did that with an invite from the old PHC days around Jenner, AB several years ago and I'm sure Ron would do the same again, so count us in!

The beauty of handcalls. No batteries required.
thumbup1.gif

some good wolf calling west of cold lake.

some very good calling around Drumheller. Love the terrain.

Hey there fellas I know our season is really considered over but I'm already looking forward to next "year". I live in the coronation area and would like to find some new territories and potential hunting partners.

I see Brad Golby has a bunch of guns in at the hardware store in Coronation. Have you been in there?

Did you see much mange this year? I talked to one guy at the Consort gun show today who saw some up by Czar.

Last edited:
Yeah Brad has a really good selection of firearms and seems agreeable to special orders. I live just 20 mins north of coronation. I spent all of January and most of February in Edmonton attending Nait. So not a lot of hunting this year, when I did make it out not a lot of success but of those I got no mange but scruffy nothing I'd take to the buyer.

Back