..this time...

Infidel 762

Staff member
This time of year we have pups underground, symbolic seeds of the coming fall's harvest. Spring's time gives birth within the many generations of those whose lives were designed to fall in winter, the season of harsh natural selection. Fields of canola communicate colors of this time, time anew and it's fresh beginnings.

And then I spoke with a landowner who lost a calf to the spring's morning and it's coyote ways. I did not think he would want to hear about spring, natural selection or colors, so I just told him "I'll see what I can do."

After work I arrive to assess the situation. I pulled up to the gate and changed from business casual into more comfortable clothing. Crawled under the gate and found myself propped up against a post with my scent dispersing over an open wheat field behind me. I introduce another coyote to the area with vocals as I scan the tree line that meanders along turkey creek. A short time into the stand I observe an old male on the edge, his pointy grey ears stood as stark contrast against his green shadowing backdrop;

I blanked the next stand into and beneath the setting sun. I did however have a coyote answer my vocals in the next section over. I beat feet racing time and the disappearing light as the sun had just set. I setup hastily against a fence anticipating coyote to come from the heavy wood lot I heard him last. I let out a lone howl and he answered from behind me. Crawled back under the fence, adjusted myself and continued on with the call to my back. My adrenaline, not unlike this time of year's temperature began to rise. Moments later I saw him circling to get my wind as I barked him to s stop;

In my time, as I leave this field at the end of day; one could see the stars fade into intensity as our axis took us further from the sun. This time, our time and spring's time are not universally in sync, for the astronomical spring and solstice of our Southern Hemisphere are quite the opposite. Yet both are brought about by the simple arc and path of the sun in our skies.

Simplicity is that, all life force we know cycles due to the jaunty angle of a sphere, as it orbits around a star. It all just keeps on spinning. Spinning in this space... in this matter... in this time...

/Predators/HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif[/img]

Can almost smell the flowers, Jeremy. Nice coat on that first coyote.

I guess, daylight savings time is good for something, after all. Gives enough time to make a couple of stands after work.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Can almost smell the flowers, Jeremy. Nice coat on that first coyote.

I guess, daylight savings time is good for something, after all. Gives enough time to make a couple of stands after work.

Regards,
hm

I love daylight savings;) those are some 300 dollar pelts at our local fur buyer... shot them with those hornady/vortex bullet cam rounds you just posted.. the closest one was just over a mile when I shot him, according to my range finder I got out of my last box of cracker jacks..
sneaky2.gif

Sweet spring shooting...... and words also.....

Are they growing much canola down there? We have some north of me... the yellow looks like wild mustard in the field....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: hm1996Can almost smell the flowers, Jeremy. Nice coat on that first coyote.

Regards,
hm

I love daylight savings;) those are some 300 dollar pelts at our local fur buyer... shot them with those hornady/vortex bullet cam rounds you just posted.. the closest one was just over a mile when I shot him, according to my range finder I got out of my last box of cracker jacks..
sneaky2.gif

Great! Can't wait for the video. Be sure to post it when you can.
wink.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
Clarence

There's a lot of canola grown around here but it won't be yellow for a few months yet.

Great story and pics!!!
thumbup.gif

canola is related to wild mustard btw.

Originally Posted By: huntschoolSweet spring shooting...... and words also.....

Are they growing much canola down there? We have some north of me... the yellow looks like wild mustard in the field....

It is pretty common here. Not nearly as prevalent as wheat. There are some fields a short distance from my house that almost every year bee keepers take pallets of nest and set them next to the road and let them pollinate.

Originally Posted By: Redfrog

canola is related to wild mustard btw.

Yep, I also thought it was a crossbreed derived from mustard. I think rapseed/mustard seeds has toxins that can be poisonous in high levels.

You prolly already know that it gets its name from 2 words; Canada + oil? = Canola

Quote:those are some 300 dollar pelts at our local fur buyer...

Jeremy, somehow I overlooked this first time around. When you sell those premium pelts, you can easily afford to buy more V/H ammo, but if it were me, I think I might consider replacing that Cracker Jack range finder first. Can't wait for the videos.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Back