I need some schooling on thermals

Originally Posted By: reaper4I posted a few a while back. I guess I should be waiting for that knock on the door lol

Good Luck!

Should be easy enough with your IP address posted adjacent to your handle!

There are plenty of Predator Masters Sponsors here selling and repairing legitimate approved warranted equipment, would be a lot easier to just to patronize them.

Reaper, post a list and photos of all your black market US Military kit and who you procured said items from and l'll send a link to the US Marshal and he can contact ICE and see if it is legit for you.

I already told you that I don't own my own thermals. I have access to better than I can afford. Rather than threaten to sick your friend on me, go find something to kill and enjoy it. All I did was pass along a sale I knew of. I asked some questions as I have no idea what the restrictions are on certain thermal gear.

Btw, the gear can be purchased from a company that has already been shared on this thread via link. I wonder why your big bad friend hasn't taken them down yet lol.

LOL, he probably has, you just don't know about it due to attorney-client privileges.
smile.gif

Night vision devices acquired by the United States military, such as the items allegedly stolen and sold by the defendant, contain components made to military specifications. They are required by the military to be rendered useless for their intended purpose prior to leaving government control. United States and military policies prohibit the private sale of fully functional military-issued night vision equipment.

Originally Posted By: reaper4I already told you that I don't own my own thermals.

I forgot about that, no worries, feel free to post your opinions to your hearts content, just do not try to sell any illegal gear here on PM.

Puppy, you can be as condescending as you like. The reality is that I don't own thermals because I have access to units that most of us can't afford and buying a 4k thermal right now would be a waste. Second I wasn't trying to sell illegal gear as I don't own any gear to sell a guy mentioned a unit that I had some time behind and I knew of one for sale.

You sure get bent out of shape when a guy asks some questions.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI am putting together an Alexander Arms 10" 6.5mm Grendel SBR upper with 4X ACOG and Flir T-70 now.

A few months ago, I built an 11.5" Christensen Arms carbon fiber 6.5 Grendel SBR. It's impressive! I love having most of the suppressor hidden under the hand guard.
tt1.gif

IMG_1289_zpstxgsft8q.jpg

For optics I'm running a Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16 with a Pulsar CORE FXD-50 thermal clip-on.

Tom, I am putting a 4X ACOG and FLIR T-70 clip-on on it, got the Hornady dies, Wilson case gauge, Norma cases, powder and 500 Hornady SST 123 grain pills.

That Grendel is a purpose built ballistic dream, kinda like a 6.5 Creedmor Kurz!

Are you primarily shooting the Lapua/Hornady 123 grain bullets in it as that is what I plan to load up?

6.5%20Grendel%20Supplies.JPG

hot dang, reaper just got in hot water for pirating electronic caller sounds.

now he is in more trouble for selling or having illegal night vision gear.

bye, bye reaper. they throwing away the key this time.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupTom, I am putting a 4X ACOG and FLIR T-70 clip-on on it, got the Hornady dies, Wilson case gauge, Norma cases, powder and 500 Hornady SST 123 grain pills.

That Grendel is a purpose built ballistic dream, kinda like a 6.5 Creedmor Kurz!

Are you primarily shooting the Lapua/Hornady 123 grain bullets in it as that is what I plan to load up?

6.5%20Grendel%20Supplies.JPG

I'll send you a PM. I think we've gotten a little of topic here...
blush.gif

I remember a fella on another forum. Just about every week he was doing reviews on material that was unavailable to us civilians.
Peq15's, UTM, UTM-x, etc.
It was fun reading about all this stuff no one could possibly own.

He had a quote:
"Ownership is one thing. Acquiring one legally is another. The second is almost impossible.
Almost... This is absolutely a matter of "who you know." "

Worked for awhile until NCIS and DHS completed their investigation of stolen gear and then showed up at his place. He had been selling excess gear like a mad man, I'm sure there was a clawback and the buyers of such gear lost it as well.

The happy ending most likely was cooperation with law enforcement, loss of funds & gear all to prevent prison time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wompaI remember a fella on another forum. Just about every week he was doing reviews on material that was unavailable to us civilians.
Peq15's, UTM, UTM-x, etc.
It was fun reading about all this stuff no one could possibly own.

He had a quote:
"Ownership is one thing. Acquiring one legally is another. The second is almost impossible.
Almost... This is absolutely a matter of "who you know." "

Worked for awhile until NCIS and DHS completed their investigation of stolen gear and then showed up at his place. He had been selling excess gear like a mad man, I'm sure there was a clawback and the buyers of such gear lost it as well.

The happy ending most likely was cooperation with law enforcement, loss of funds & gear all to prevent prison time.

Just NEVER makes sense to purchase "restricted gear". Been around in this field for over 20 years and it never ends well in this topic matter.

Back