Nightforce SHV

ksduckhntr

I am having a custom rifle built, and would like to outfit it with a nice scope. I have been looking for a low level "high end" scope. The rifle will be mainly hunting coyotes and deer with some medium (300-500) range steel shooting. My question is, is this scope a good entry level scope? Is the bushnell lrhs a viable option as well? I am open to suggestions or comments about the Nightforce.

Ok I have talked to nightforce about this. Just so you know the shv is the same exact glass same coatings and glass as the nxs, same tube scope body except shv has the focus on the eyepiece. The turrets are different the shv is waterproof but not submergeable like the nxs has. I think it would be a great scope for your use. I'm going to get the 5-20 with the moar reticle in the future.

I have no experience with the Bushnell but have been running a 4x14 SHV on a coyote rig for the last 9 months. I like it well enough that I just picked up 5x20 for a new rifle. Both are running MOAR reticle. Non-illuminated as well as they have great low light capabilities, IMO.

I have the shv 3-10x42 model on my 243 that I use for calling. If the higher mag versions are similar I think it'd be a good fit

The LRHS is an excellent scope. My only complaint was the short eyebox - not very forgiving. Everything else was top notch.

I have not ran a SHV but even if its a step or two below the NXS it will still be an excellent scope.

I have the Nightforce SHV 5x20x56. It is quality in all respects, mine has the IHR reticle, it just doesn't get any better. The 5x is low enough to take coyotes as they arrive at your setup and 20x is more than enough to reach a buck at what ever distances he is standing at. You will not regret that purchase ever.

I've been playing with a 3-10 that I won at the last PM convention and so far a I really like it. It's heavier than the Leupold scopes on most of my hunting rifles, but for my calling rig that doesn't get carried mile after mile, it's working out well.

Back