T20 IR rheostat switch

weekender

Does anybody sell a rheostat tail cap for a standard T20 body IR light? Mine has the 3 mode push button but I would prefer a dial type fully adjustable.

Looked high and low, couldn't even find some one to make one that wasn't more $$ than I was willing to spend.

I may have one by next year though
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Salty PawsI got one from High Tech Redneck.It came with a PVS-14 i bought from him.Kevin is a great guy to deal with.

I dont think you can buy just the rheostat from him. I believe you need to purchase the whole illuminator.

Since it is now the off season and I have a little more time to work on projects, I can convert pretty much any T-20 out there to the rheostat tailcap switch for $50 (includes return shipping). This conversion will also include the new Osram 4715AS IR 850nm LED rated at 1,400 millampere (mA) since the 3 mode LEDs will not work with the rheostat switch. If anyone wants one converted just send it to me with your check or cash to:

High Tech Red Neck, Inc
14236 Hillcrest Lane
Rushville, IL 62681

Please also send me an email at hightechredneckinc@gmail.com so I can keep track of what is coming and going.

Thanks, Kevin

Originally Posted By: HTRN57Since it is now the off season and I have a little more time to work on projects, I can convert pretty much any T-20 out there to the rheostat tailcap switch for $50 (includes return shipping). This conversion will also include the new Osram 4715AS IR 850nm LED rated at 1,400 millampere (mA) since the 3 mode LEDs will not work with the rheostat switch. If anyone wants one converted just send it to me with your check or cash to:

High Tech Red Neck, Inc
14236 Hillcrest Lane
Rushville, IL 62681

Please also send me an email at hightechredneckinc@gmail.com so I can keep track of what is coming and going.

Thanks, Kevin

Hey Thanks for chiming in Kevin! I will definitely be doing this
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: HTRN57Since it is now the off season and I have a little more time to work on projects, I can convert pretty much any T-20 out there to the rheostat tailcap switch for $50 (includes return shipping). This conversion will also include the new Osram 4715AS IR 850nm LED rated at 1,400 millampere (mA) since the 3 mode LEDs will not work with the rheostat switch. If anyone wants one converted just send it to me with your check or cash to:

High Tech Red Neck, Inc
14236 Hillcrest Lane
Rushville, IL 62681

Thanks, Kevin

Now that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE PLUS!. Mine will be on the way as soon as I get back in town.

Nobody sells the adjustable tailcap switches and corresponding drivers except for hunting flashlight companies. A few people outside the hunting community recognize the need to have infinite adjustability, but they use a ramping driver where you hold the tailcap switch and release at the desired brightness level.

HTRN is offering an excellent deal and I will be taking him up on it. He is offering the best IR LED on the market with the parts engineered exactly for our kind of usage. It is nice to use the best/right tool for the job.

I bought a T20 off Ebay to have this conversion done to it. I got it in at lunch today, and it is already back in the mail going out to Kevin for conversion. I will be excited to get it back from him and see how well it is going to work on my Photon 6.5x50. I think it is going to be exactly what I am looking for.

Back