Who uses Havalon Knives?

NGI_TOM

So do we. Check this new edition out. Havalon EVOLVE Multi-tools are in stock and ready to ship. Without doubt, the best muli-tool we've ever used or seen...
w00t.gif

IMG_1379_zps5uqvlegs.jpg

Havalon EVOLVE Multi-Tool

Get 'em before they're gone!

I know your boys are pretty well dialed in. You do a great job with all your kids. Just a word of caution. These are THE sharpest knives in existence. They use a surgical scalpel blade and nothing on the market compares!

Except the Outdoor edge Razor-blaze knife.

http://www.basspro.com/Outdoor-Edge-RazorBlaze-Replaceable-Blade-Knife/product/13012505462429/

The blades are better, thicker, the hold for them supports the blade, and they don't break.

I was assisting a Disabled Vet in breaking down his Elk 2 years ago and he snapped a Havalon blade in half while using it to skin.

We had to stop and use water and flash lights to find where it was exactly before moving on. I am sure it was user error, but it still snapped and these others don't and 6 pack of replacement blades are $12 I mostly use them for skinning coyotes and they stay sharp a lot longer than i thought or hoped they would. So far i have skinned 15 on the same blade and haven't changed the blade yet.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMI know your boys are pretty well dialed in. You do a great job with all your kids. Just a word of caution. These are THE sharpest knives in existence. They use a surgical scalpel blade and nothing on the market compares!

Thanks.

Yeah, he'd have to be careful for sure. He hasn't had any self-inflicted stitches yet...

I used a Piranha/Barracuda combo this winter to field dress, skin and do a large part of the cutting on 3 whitetails. I will admit by the time I got to the end of the third one it was getting noticeably duller but was still sharper than I can sharpen a knife.

I like the looks of this tool and would really appreciate that blade changing option. My only concern with the havalon is that you will still need to use a Leatherman Tool to safely replace the blade. That's why when I finally purchased a change blade I bought the Gerber vital which is not only cheaper ($30 online) than the Havalon line but it has a really slick locking mechanism that allows you to SAFELY change the blade with your hand.

Folder model......
http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/Vital-Pocket-Folder_31-002736

Fixed blade model........
http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Exchange-a-Blade/Vital-Fixed-Blade_31-003006

Originally Posted By: jcs271I like the looks of this tool and would really appreciate that blade changing option. My only concern with the havalon is that you will still need to use a Leatherman Tool to safely replace the blade.

Not the case with this Havalon Mulitool. The opague orange box you see pictured here is included with each purchase and it is a blade removal tool. Very slick and easy to use...
the-piranta-blade-remover-4-pack-1.gif

nice, That was something that was concerning when changing the blade.

I don't have that issue with the Outdoor edge version. It has a blade release button, and then you can slide the blade out. It's thicker, and wider so you don't feel like your are trying to grab a thin sharp blade.

That looks slick!
I have the outdoor edge and i only keep it in the truck for emergencies. Skinning out a deer last year and the blades kept coming out of the knife. The havalon might have a thinner blade but i never had a issue with the blade coming loose or breaking yet.

Not really a Havalon fan
Just prefer a stronger blade for all around work.
I can see why folks like them, though..

If they replaced the pliers with cable cutters it would be a perfect tool for the work required to collect the Utah bounty! Still a nice multi tool anyway.

Switched to Havalon exclusively I think about 7 seasons ago. The first bull I broke down with it while on a solo backcountry hunt in Colorado was painful.. you can't force a Havalon.. broke quite a few blades on that bull. But once I learned to let that scalpel do the work.. I've never carried another blade.. I can use the gutless method on ask my big game kills and now can completely have a bull caped, broke down, deboned and in the meat bags using 3 blades max..
Love my Havalon..

Back