What price would make you take a look?

MotoHunter

What's the price that would make you take a look at a new RRA Predator Pursuit 20" complete upper if you were wandering around a gun show? I'm thinking of putting one out next weekend but not sure what number will bring in some lookers.

It's tough selling anything AR related right now. Market is saturated and no one is scared. I hope we don't lose a bunch of companies to bankruptcy but I bet some will fail. Trump isn't nearly as good at selling guns as Obozo.

RRA raised their prices quite a bit about a year or 2 ago. I got my PP for about $650 from JoeBob's before that. RRA current MSRP prices are pretty high.

New, but "used-new" at a gun show I'd say hope for $500-$600.

I would try to shoot for $600. If possible, bring your invoice. There are a number of people who "build" AR's and claim they were built by a name brand company so that may add some proof that you bought it at full retail and it is what you say it is.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARIt's tough selling anything AR related right now. Market is saturated and no one is scared. I hope we don't lose a bunch of companies to bankruptcy but I bet some will fail. Trump isn't nearly as good at selling guns as Obozo.

Lots of retailers and manufacturers will be/currently are feeling a pinch. A large quantity of retailers will be going under. A number of manufacturers will be downsizing their payroll at a minimum. We've already seen Freedom Munitions, Remington, Silencerco, and a number of others lay people off this year.

Last edited:
I had $600 in the back of my mind when I posted this up, just wanted to see what you all thought. If I can't get $600 without a hassle I'm keeping it!

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterWhat's the price that would make you take a look at a new RRA Predator Pursuit 20" complete upper if you were wandering around a gun show? I'm thinking of putting one out next weekend but not sure what number will bring in some lookers.

if it is only the upper $600 is to much. way to much in the market right now.

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterI had $600 in the back of my mind when I posted this up, just wanted to see what you all thought. If I can't get $600 without a hassle I'm keeping it!

I think that will be a stretch for only an upper when a guy can buy a complete weapon for 500 bucks. Said guy would have to be looking for what you have and wanting it real bad.

Sorry to say this, but I don't think you'll get a second glance at 500.00. Been trying to sell Stag "SUPER VARMINTER" complete upper ready to shoot brand new in the box for $450 with free shipping with no takers. Nothing against you buddy, but I'll be surprised if you get $475.
JD

I wouldn't even slow down to look for anything over $400...I know that sounds low, but there is simply so much out there that its got to be crazy, or its not worth the time.

Agreed. It's a tough time to be selling anything ar related. If you don't need the money I'd keep it and wait for prices to come back or just use it.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI wouldn't even slow down to look for anything over $400...I know that sounds low, but there is simply so much out there that its got to be crazy, or its not worth the time.

My thoughts exactly.

I hear what your sayin but I'm not looking for the "new to AR's guy" I know the buyer will need to an educated buyer. I don't "have" to sell it but I thought it was worth putting it out as table filler if nothing else. I'm going with the $600, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your thoughts.

As an "educated" buyer....my opinion stands. I actually think you would have a better shot selling the upper to a newer, uninformed buyer that doesn't realize that its priced entirely too high for the market...

Sooooo, you're sayin you won't be there buying that upper from me? That's too bad, I'll just have to find someone else.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: liliysdadAs an "educated" buyer....my opinion stands. I actually think you would have a better shot selling the upper to a newer, uninformed buyer that doesn't realize that its priced entirely too high for the market...

Uninformed buyers will definitely be the selling ticket, especially an older person who might not be as up to date with the internet and what's available through online retailers.

PSA, in my opinion, isn't helping the market either. They're producing high quality parts at a fraction of the cost. They have torture test videos on YouTube, plenty of reviews on forums, and a strong backing. Couple them with Trump, and it's a bad time for any AR retailer/private seller, especially those private sellers who paid pre-election prices in the anticipation Hillary had it in the bag.

I've fired and handled an RRA AR before. Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship and hands down one of the nicest AR's I've had the chance to shoot. However, does that justify twice or triple the price of PSA? Not for me. But, that's just my opinion, and I rarely shoot AR's, so I'm not real picky.

MotoHunter, what are you looking to get when you get rid of it? Is it the older one with the solid hand guard or the newer TRO or Deluxe hand guard? You might well be better off trading especially if it's the older solid aluminum HG. A few months ago, RRA's had a sale & the PP with the new deluxe HG was $619.00 but a 4-5 week shipping time.
JD

Back